Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kentf
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel - Solved

Had the same problem with sync on Xfinity and had other issues as well. I bought an Amazon Firestick and the sync is perfect and my sound issue is gone. I've been on this forum for 6 months trying to get a response on issues and never get a response.

Kent

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi @ravensrku,

Thanks for following up about the issue with the sound being out of sync when playing content on the Xfinity Stream channel. 

We're sorry for the delay in the solution. The team is hard at work investigating the issue, we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kentf,

Saw your post!

We're sorry to hear that you've been having sound issues with playing content on the Xfinity Stream channel. 

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

There was an update today to the Xfinity Stream app on Roku, from 6.11 to 6.12.  Lets see how things progress' tonite as we watch TV.  You think Xfinity fixed the guide issue; while scrolling to fast you see channels that you aren't subscribed to, or the time slots just never fill in?  That's prob a Roku issue too.  HAHA

I always get excited when an update occurs.

If I have an issue tonite, I will post my setup for Roku support.

HD_Queen
Channel Surfer

I guess this is a good time to chime in and say that I also am seeing audio sync issues with the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku TV. When I first start it up, everything is fine. At some point later on, the audio will briefly cut out and come back. The picture might freeze a little too, but I'm not sure it does that every time. Anyway, once the audio comes back it's always out of sync with the picture. Like others have said, backing out and re-loading the channel fixes the issue for a while.

0 Kudos
mzblues1
Binge Watcher

I am using a Hisense Roku TV and Xfinity Streaming app as well with the same problem. The sound is several seconds behind the picture. As has been described, it can be temporarily fixed by resetting the settings or restarting the TV, but will come back as described, especially after ads. 

It only occurs on the XFinity Stream App watching "Live TV" show channels.

Other apps MAX, Netflix, Hulu, Showtime Anytime, etc. do not have this issue. Just when watching live TV as everyone else has described. The only issue I have with any of the premium apps is the ads on Hulu are 2x as loud as the show (which forces me to turn off the sound during them); but I'm guessing that is a Hulu issue. 

Anyway, is there a fix for this issue yet that can be provided? 

0 Kudos
Arundel
Channel Surfer

The s/w update did not solve the issue. Still audio sync, etc….

back to my other streaming stick…..

GaJoe
Channel Surfer

I just booted my 4k stick up and the update wasn't offered. Will keep prodding for it.

0 Kudos
ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

@RokuMary-F  "The team is hard at work investigating the issue, we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it."

From whom are you awaiting feedback, a Roku team or Xfinity?

Is anyone else having the problem of your screen freezing a light purple color after several back and forward 'fixes' to get the audio in sync?

0 Kudos
djkFlorida
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio continuously losing sync on Roku Streaming Stick and Stick+

I am having the identical problems with the Roku Stick streaming the Xfinity App. Multiple sessions with Ruku chat support have not generated a solution.  

I can confirm that the problem goes away temporarily when you got back to the Xfinity menu and re-select the program.

To whom does one send the details requested in the last posting?

0 Kudos