Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaJoe
Channel Surfer

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Update. This used to only happen on 1 Roku soundbar. I returned that and now have 3 of the 4k sticks. Pleased with the performance BUT since an update all of them now have the sync issue in the Xfinity Stream app. I have narrowed it down to it happens when live tv goes to a commercial. It then gets out of video/audio sync. Only way to restore it is to exit and go back in.

richtemp
Reel Rookie

I noticed an occasional stutter in the video and the audio does not. This appears to be the moment it goes out of sync. The more it happens the further out of sync it gets. To reset you have to back out of the channel and reselect it. Happens multiple times per hour. This is an app specific issue the developer must fix. Good luck with that since they are probably associated with Comcast. They probably think we are just lucky enough not to have to use their equipment regardless of it's performance.

0 Kudos
KevisRS
Reel Rookie

Xfinity Stream sound unstable

Xfinity Stream audio extremely unstable. Goes from normal to nothing or loud & garbled. 

Model# 3810RW
SW version 11.5.0 build 4312-50 

In the Xfinity Stream app version 6.11 build 0 the sound fluctuates from nothing or loud & garbled. I have various Roku stick models throughout the house and it does it on all and on every channel in the app. If I go to Last Watched and select any channel the sound goes back to normal for a little while. Don’t even have to get out of the app for the sound to return to normal but I do have to reselect the channel. This is all the info requested by a Roku representative that I got no reply from. 
Tracker ID 2023-05-192-554

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

Re: Xfinity Stream sound unstable

So I have a sync issue with the Xfinity Stream app. It starts when commercials start.  Xfinity says its a Roku issue, so I've come here to see if that's true.   I don't have a garbled sound issue thought.  Sound quality is good, the video and sound just get out of sync.

adpwl1
Binge Watcher

I have had this same problem for months now, both with 11.5 and 12 RokuOS.  I have posted this in the Xfinity forum and they pointed it back to a Roku issue.  I have a hard time believing its been a Roku issue this long without a fix, especially with a recent update from Roku.

What is the status of a fix?

Here is my post on the Xfinity forum:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/sound-issues-with-app-on-roku/644b1f...

Like someone else stated, this only starts when a commercial is playing, the video pauses for 2sec while the audio keeps on going.  Only way to fix it is to exit back to the Xfinity guide and select the channel again.

adpwl1
Binge Watcher

Re: STILL issues with all Rokus and Xfinity app. Audio/Video sync issues, and volume changing issue

Xfinity has pointed the finger back at Roku....  I recently added to an existing Xfinity post about this.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/sound-issues-with-app-on-roku/644b1f...

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users, 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Xfinity channel. We'd like to know more about how we can help. Kindly provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and version/build is channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
• Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
• Can you provide us with a video of the issue occurring?

With more detailed information, we will be able to further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DLTDLT
Channel Surfer

Sent all into Mary days ago….

0 Kudos
f2bme
Channel Surfer

Like @adpwl1 I also posted this issue over in the Xfinity Forum.  The link is here: ‎Xfinity Stream App Audio Out of Sync | Xfinity Community Forum

As you will see, Xfinity reported that Roku is currently working on a solution.

0 Kudos
ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Posted 3 weeks ago and haven't seen any improvement, if anything it's worse. What is the status on a fix?

A new issue has started occurring. Sometimes when I hit the back button then resume to reset the audio, my screen goes to a light purple and freezes. I have to hit the home button then go back into the Xfinity stream app to reset it.

No software updates available. Software OS/version 12.0.0 (build 4184)

Roku device model 4800X - Roku Ultra

sn: X01000XT6F7J, device ID S02A20DT6F7J

GC version: 9.2.113

Issue ID 7J-207-543

Happens on all channels l watch in Xfinity Stream App, Version 6.11: build 0

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Choose xfinitystream App via shortcut button on remote/Live TV/Favorite Channels