Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adamzs

Re: Search results for all tv shows and movies saying “currently unavailable”

Jump to solution

This is also happening to me.  Bought a Roku Express 4k during black friday and it has the exact same problem.  We have 2 roku tvs that work fine, but searching for the same movies that work on the roku tvs say "Currently Unavailable" on the roku express 4k.  Below is the information you requested:

Device Model: 3942RA2 Rok Express 4K
Serial Number: X022004Y96X3
Device ID: S14YK37Y96X3
GC version: 10.4.37

Timestamp: 2023-12-09T20:55:20Z

Issue ID: X3-493-735

Steps to reproduce:
1. Search for literally any movie and click on the result (example: Monty Python and the Holy Grail")
2. It will say "Currently Unavailable"

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Adamzs 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for providing the information. This will be forwarded to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

Additionally, we would like to request the following information request by @RokuERey for  @N8Ball and @dacin.

Wishing you all the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dacin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not at the location where we installed the Roku device. If you need more I will try to get that info.

However, please note that, as I stated earlier, the model # was 3942RA2 and s/w was 12.5.0, build 4178-E4. I suspect the issue is with 3942RA2.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @dacin 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Could you please check your inbox since we've sent you a PM.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deb_w

Roku search of streaming channels not working

Jump to solution

Roku search of episodes on streaming channels isn't working. Tried reboot, Internet connection OK. My Roku remote on my phone works and I can find programs and the streaming channels they are located on. Every program input into the Roku search of different apps, Netflix, Paramount, etc., they all come up as 'currently unavailable'.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku search of streaming channels not working

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @deb_w!

Thank you for raising your concern with us. We'd be delighted to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, there's a good chance it has to do with the signal strength of your network connection. We suggest trying to connect your Roku Express 4K to an alternative network to see if it will make a difference. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Also, you can try to check our Support article on How to check the connection to your home network and the internet.

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Richrod
Binge Watcher

Re: Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue but on a TCL 65 inch TV.. My Heinsen upstairs is working fine.. I've done a factory reset and same issue.. I had this issue a few months ago and the factory reset worked on both TVs.  Now this TCL is back to not showing the viewing guide information.  Help! 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Richrod,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Please confirm that your Roku TV is up to date by navigating to Settings > System > Software update> Check now to manually check for updates.

A system restart is the least invasive reset method.

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Richrod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My system is updated. SW Version: 12.5.0 Build 4176 and the system restart was completed. Issue still exist.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Richrod,

Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • If possible, include a picture as a reference.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos