Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-Aron_Now
Reel Rookie

Re: OTA TV guide stop working

Jump to solution

Did you do anything to fix it or it just started worrying? I am still having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Planet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to www.support.roku.com chat online and spent 45 minutes with that and 4 hours later the program guide worked.  Apparently many people had that problem and it was escalated to the team trying to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I did not do anything.  It just started working again.  I would suspect it is in communicating (or not) to the service the channel list for the zip code you are located in.   If it gets the local station wrong then you either get nothing or an incorrect schedule.

On a side note:  Since our location is more remote, 60% of our over the air channels are more than 70 miles away, it has been common to have the channel guide give us the wrong information for those channels.  That is because when we point our antenna in different directions the same RF channel can be a couple of different stations.  I do not expect them to get that correct even though there is information within the OTA digital broadcast that correctly identifies the station.  It does not appear that they use the OTA information guide in the broadcast channel to construct their channel guide.

0 Kudos
Mjdatc34
Reel Rookie

Re: Search results for all tv shows and movies saying “currently unavailable”

Jump to solution

On a whim I tried the search function this evening. It appears to be working!  I tried several searches with success in getting results.  Outside of a system restart yesterday, due to some other home theater issues, I did nothing out of the ordinary. The software version remains 12.5.0 Build 4178-E4.  I hope this is now working for everyone else as well. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe the problem has been fixed when your Roku device begins to show the error message "Currently unavailable" when you try to search for content.

We believe this issue has been resolved for most people, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be locked and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to give our customers the best streaming experience and to everyone who reported this.

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe the problem has been fixed when your Roku device begins to show the error message "Currently unavailable" when you try to search for content.

We believe this issue has been resolved for most people, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be locked and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to give our customers the best streaming experience and to everyone who reported this.

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device showing error of "currently unavailable" when searching content

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos