Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] Roku device showing error of "currently unavailable" when searching content

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We are receiving reports of customers experiencing error messages from Roku devices showing the error of "currently unavailable" when searching for content.

We believe that the problem has been resolved. We would advise you to see if the problem is still occurring. If it is, kindly let us know. If not, start a new thread and we will be delighted to assist you.

Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to assist you and thank you for choosing Roku.

Best regards,

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device showing error of "currently unavailable" when searching content

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe the problem has been fixed when your Roku device begins to show the error message "Currently unavailable" when you try to search for content.

We believe this issue has been resolved for most people, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be locked and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to give our customers the best streaming experience and to everyone who reported this.

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
126 REPLIES 126
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed

Jump to solution

I have chatted with Roku agents three times over the past 2 to 3 weeks about my issue.  I have two Roku TV's, one is a TCL and the other is a Hisense.  The TCL is on version 12.5 and the Hisense is still on 12.0 but on both the TV Guide for over the air channels is no longer working, all it shows is for each station is 'No Information'. The agents I chatted with have had me do so many things to attempt to correct the issue but nothing has worked.  This can't be an issue with my TV's since it's happening to two different TV's on two different software versions.

I watch over the air channels 80% of the time but can't now becuase I don't have any programming to see what is on each channel. This is so frustrating that I'm considering buying two new TV's that ARE NOT Roku.

I have a case number but wasn't sure if I should post on this forum.  They claim it's being worked on but it's been weeks.  

Can someone help me?

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed

Jump to solution

Hi @RRROY,

We are sorry for this inconvenience. We'll do our best to assist.

May we know if a factory reset has been done already? If not, we'll recommend you do this as our last resort to fix a suspected glitch.

If this fixes the issue, please keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

One of the agents asked me to do a factory reset and I was hesitant to do it because I'd need to reinstall and setup all my apps which would take some time.

Not only that but why would I have encountered this issue on two different model TV's which are on two different software versions? That doesn't make sense to me. Can you answer that?

Snomoelk

Jump to solution

Guess they have n9. Lue how to fix this for you and 100s of others with the same issue.. dumping my Roku

0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have found out why the Over The Air (Antenna) TV Guide channels do not display.  Here is what is causing the issue:

I went through the arduous task of doing a factory reset (even though I didn't feel this would correct the issue).  In setting back up all my apps and going through all the options and reseting to the way I would like them set up I first noticed that the TV Guide was now working properly (thinking Roku was right and that I needed to do a Factory Reset).  Then when I changed one of the options I saw that again the TV Guide was back to the same old issue and not working properly and everything said 'No Information' on all my channels. 

I then realized what had happened and went back to 'Settings/TV inputs/Antenna TV/Manage channels/ AND UNCHECKED 'Hide streaming channels'.  After unckecking that all my Over The Air Antenna channels were back.

To re-verify I went to my second Roku TV, one that I HAVE NOT DONE A FACTORY RESET and also has the issue where the TV Guide is not working, went into that option and unchecked 'Hide streaming channels' and what do you know, all the channels were back working again.

So, a factory reset was NOT NEEDED and the issue has to do with the  'Hide streaming channels' option.  If that option is checked the TV Guide WILL NOT function properly.  If it's unchecked the TV Guide WILL work properly.  Something in the recent updates has caused the TV Guide to not function properly when you CHECK the  'Hide streaming channels'  option.

My question to Roku is , when will this be fixed? I would like to Hide the streaming channels but I can't now due to this issue.

SFOSteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on my two TCL Roku tv's. Latest update appears to have screwed up the TV listing info. Why isn't Roku fixing this? Thanks for your info.

SFOSteve
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that and it worked! Thanks so much. ROKU get your act together. It shouldn't be your customers responsibility to solve problems that you caused with the latest update.

Ken432

Jump to solution

Your workaround work! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

On Thusday when I discovered the 'fix' I was able to select 'Hide streaming channels' and the TV Guide would not function and when I unchecked 'Hide streaming channels' the TV Guide worked correctly.  I did this check/uncheck a number of times (on two Roku TV's) to verify what I found.  Today, I am able to CHECK 'Hide streaming channels' and the TV Guide is STILL working properly as it should AND the streaming channels are hidden. 

So, I don't know if Roku 'fixed' something within the past two days (did they read my post?) or the act of unchecking 'Hide streaming channels' and leaving it this way for a day or two has reset something so that this option works correctly.

I don't know which is the case thorugh It would be nice to hear from Roku and get some acknowledgement one way or another.