Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nlhatkanet
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Guide only says 'No Information'. No programming is displayed

Jump to solution

IMG_20231125_052308_479.jpg

Here is a screen shot of where you can see that program guide works for streaming channels, but not the section for any antenna channels. If it was a router or reception problem I don't think any of this information would display. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nlhatkanet,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the channel guide. Could you provide us with the zip code of where you are currently located?

We'll wait for your response.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ronnocoman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This fix did not work for me. I lost channel info on the day my tv upgraded to ver4sion 12.5 so that's where the problem lies. Anyone else have a suggestion?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ronnocoman,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are grateful for the information you have given us. Could you send us a picture or a video of your running problem? What steps have you taken so far in troubleshooting?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
N8Ball
Reel Rookie

Search results for all tv shows and movies saying “currently unavailable”

Jump to solution

When I am in the “search” section and look up shows and movies, they all show as “currently available” where it should show channels that have them to stream. This is for 100% shows and movies I search. I just set up the Roku device in question a few days ago. When it didn’t work then I thought maybe the system was still adjusting to being set up but a few days have passed and I am wondering why the search section still isn’t working right. Not sure if this issue has occurred for others or not

0 Kudos
dacin
Channel Surfer

Re: Search results for all tv shows and movies saying “currently unavailable”

Jump to solution

I'm seeing this too, and the Search feature is coming up way short. If I enter 'A', only two channels/apps show up, and not 'Angel Studios', the one I am looking for. If I enter 'T', there's nothing, even though TNT is listed as a featured app. I found 'The Chosen' which is by Angel, but it only shows up there as a CW show, and that is 'currently unavailable' just like most of the 'Featured Free' content. I would say something is seriously wrong with the Roku search system or the device firmware (I'm beginning the expect the latter). Oh, my download speed comes in at 43 Mbps, so it's not a network issue. Running an Express 4k v 12.5.0, build 4178-E4. Brand new Roku.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dacin, providers have to opt-in to Roku search, so you may not get results from some providers.  Their app comes up when I search for "angel" and "The Chosen" comes up as available on "Angel" when I select the one with "CW" emblazoned on the poster, so the next question is, where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dacin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not a provider issue. I just setup a new Roku on the 2nd TV using the same account, and Search works as expected. Just typing in 'A' in search brings up a bunch of channels. The broken one still only shows 2. Both of these devices are running 12.5.0, build 4178-E4. HOWEVER, the model of the one working correctly is 3941X2. The one with problems is 3942RA2. Now, how do we get someone at Roku to research this further? I'm really discouraged that there I can find NO WAY to report a bug to Roku. I wonder how long it will be before someone from Roku reads this thread and does something about it. Maybe I should have gone with that Fire-you-know-what thing instead. Oh, located in the US, zip 98382.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @N8Ball @dacin

Thank you for sharing your report on this with the Roku community!

We would like additional information about this. See whether there are any changes after completely restarting the device by unplugging it, resting it for ten to fifteen minutes, and then trying it again. If the issue continues, kindly report it again using the information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lawrence_jeff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey @RokuJohnB  Any feedback from the team on the missing guide data after the submission before Thanksgiving?

0 Kudos