Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Re: [Underinvestigation] Multiple channels keeps returning after few minutes of streaming

Jump to solution

ESPN

Tracker ID D1-046-204

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Re: [Underinvestigation] Multiple channels keeps returning after few minutes of streaming

Jump to solution

Youtube

Tracker ID D1-046-210

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Disney+

Tracker ID D1-046-215

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Apple TV+

Tracker ID D1-046-219

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Peacock

Tracker ID D1-046-230

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

PlutoTV

Tracker ID D1-046-236

0 Kudos
Non_dairy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hulu

Tracker ID D1-046-240

0 Kudos
Peppercorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My 3930CA started this yesterday. It took the update on Jan. 24 just fine, but it hadn’t been restarted since then until yesterday. That’s when it started. Every attempt to stream lasts 3 minutes and then the home screen. Didn’t matter what channel. Live channels and Airplay also cut out after 3 minutes. Always 3 minutes.

I’ve been reading old and new posts about this issue trying to find a solution. While digging into the secret menus I found the ability to disable ping, but I only tried it as a last ditch effort before going nuclear with a factory reset. I figured it was worth another three minutes of my time to try it and it actually worked! It’s playing normally again.

So if anyone wants to try, it’s Home 5x, FF, Play, RW, Play, FF. Systems Operations Menu -> Network Menu -> Disable Network Pings. Then reboot and see if that works for you. 

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wow, @Peppercorn, I think you may have solved it!!! I did as you suggest, and tested the results by streaming on two different apps -- success! Both passed the dreaded 3-minute mark! MANY THANKS! 😀

(TV junkie? Me? Streaming withdrawal? Never.)

So... forgive my ignorance, but are there any negatives to disabling network pings? Is there any reason I should enable them again once Roku fixes whatever caused this bug?

Peppercorn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad it worked! As for the long term effects of disabling ping, I’m hoping that someone smarter than me on the subject can answer. I only know enough about pings to wonder if that’s why it was happening so consistently at 3 minutes for everyone. 

0 Kudos