Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All Apps Crash After A Few Minutes

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to collect further details regarding the issue you've encountered. Would you please provide the following details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team who will be investigating this issue further and take necessary actions to address this.

We look forward to hearing back your responses.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ctgriffi
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuTakashi for moving forward with this issue. We are still unable to use our Roku, since it jumps out of every channel we’ve tried, after exactly 3mins of play time. 

DEVICE SPECS

Model: 3900x

Serial Number: YG000P918051

Software Version: 12.5.5 - Build: 4174-51

Device ID: C33950918051

ISSUE IDS

*When using YouTube (v2.20 - build 110005159) the Issue ID was 51-045–561. 

*When using Prime Video (v14.1 - build 2023092022) the Issue ID was 51-045-566.

ReedGeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@JerKoz 's idea of factory reset seems to help.  This a subtle problem that seems to affect different models differently. 

My model 4670X initially failed with version 12.5.5 build 4174-46.  Nothing helped (including 45 minutes chat with Roku) until I did a factory reset (from the menu) .  On startup it took version 12.5.5 4174-46 and has been working since.  I have power cycled it three times and each time can play more than 10 minutes from different apps or from usb drive. 

My model 4802X never had the problem, even after taking version 12.5.5 Build 4178-C2.  I have power cycled it three times and played 20-30 minutes each time. 

So I am cautiously optimistic, but would love to see a software update to fix this without reset.

UN_Rick
Channel Surfer

Temporary Workaround: All Apps Crash After A Few Minutes

Jump to solution

I have a temporary partial workaround to offer.

If you pause the video, the 3 minute limit resets.

So, you can put a 2 min 50 second timer on your phone, pause the video each time it goes off, reset the timer and resume watching the same video.

We have an Amazon TV upstairs, but the Roku downstairs is more convenient most of the day, so as a **temporary** workaround, this is an option.

Trying to avoid a factory reset, because who has time for that? I'm sure (hope) given time Roku will take care of it's own business so I can take care of mine.

** I am thinking this may be a server side issue - not necessarily connected to device updates. **

Bobziz

Re: Temporary Workaround: All Apps Crash After A Few Minutes

Jump to solution

Casting from a phone may also be a temporary workaround.

JJCDAD
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Casting from my phone to the Roku also crashes after 3 minutes. 

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi - It is any and all apps, not app specific. Multiple Roku models. Always crashing and going back to the Roku homepage after 3 minutes of streaming.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of glitch related to an app memory problem? Like Roku thinks the app (any app) is using too much memory after 3 minutes, and it goes back to the homescreen to prevent a reboot? I have no idea what I'm talking about, just speculating. But it's definitely a broader issue, not user-specific. I hope we're getting through about that.

I'm definitely not about to do a factory reset for the time being -- I agree, who has time for all that? -- and hope that some kind of bug fix will be pushed out as an update.

Kdub9425
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I still haven't got a follow up from roku but I did a driver reload and chip reset from the additional menus and it hasn't done it since!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with multiple channels on your Roku device.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information? (Note that providing these details isn't necessary if you have already provided one before.)

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Please be guided that our team is specifically asking for complete details, especially the tracker ID and DID. Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
terrysvtx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same thing here. 3 minutes and back to the main screen. I have been using my TiVo 4K Stream since this started with no problems. Is Roku aware of the problem and are they planning on a fix. Has anyone heard

0 Kudos