Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwayneb

Re: All Apps Crash After A Few Minutes

Jump to solution

There appear to be a lot of people having the same problem and it seems to have started yesterday for everyone, which is exactly when it started for me.  I've tried updating the software (didn't help), restarting (didn't help), and nothing else has helped either.  It appears to me that ROKU has done something on their end that's causing all of this since exactly the same thing is happening to quite a number of us.  Mine has worked fine for several years until yesterday.  FWIW if they're watching - here's my info:

3920X - Roku Premiere

12.5.0 - Build 4178-91

UN_Rick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. Definitely something on their end, hopefully not intentional.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just tried clearing the cache, no change, still crashing.

Is there some other way to bring this to the attention of an official Roku support person? Are they even seeing this? I'm just hoping for some kind of communication and confirmation that the issue is actually being checked out...

JerKoz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IMO, the problem is definitely connected to the most recent update that was pushed out last week 01/24/24. All of my devices (7 in total) have never had this problem over a span of many years. Problem just started yesterday on 5 of them. Haven't even checked the other 2 yet, but I assume they're infected also.

After much troubleshooting as outlined in my previous posts, I have managed to fix this issue on 4 of my affected Roku units by doing a factory reset on each and starting over with the setup/configuration from scratch. So far anyway, the problem is gone. However, I won't be convinced it will stick until things work flawlessly for several days/weeks.

Dontask4myname6
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Started after a Roku automatic update today. Have pushed for update and restarted many times. WTF?!?’

ReedGeek
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same behavior as JJCDAD and others below describe.  Plays for almost exactly 3 minutes, then snaps to home.  This happens on any app and with USB video memory. 

Model: Ultra 4670X 

software 12.5.5 build 4147-46

last updated 1/27/24

--------------

Another model, Ultra 4802X seems OK

this model had 12.5.0 software build 4178-C2  (Nov 2023) and worked fine

we updated tonight to 12.5.5 build 4174-C2 and it still works. 

We may have to wait for ROKU to publish a new update.

Network, power, video connection do not seem to be the issue.  Home screen stays up indefinitely.

Kdub9425
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue with my rokus. It was doing it before I updated. I noticed there was an update and tried that as well hoping it would fix the issue but the update didn't work either.

Kdub9425
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My November update was working fine until this morning around 8am then started having issues. I didn't update until I tried watching again this evening and it was still doing it after update.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB  Would it be possible for you to escalate this issue somehow, and to give us an update on the situation? Thanks.

Kdub9425
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am speaking with support and they are escalating the issue