Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to Stop Roku from Auto Installing the `Live TV` App

Jump to solution

Hello Community users!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your feedback. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You know this is not a device issue. Ruku has now permanently installed the LIVE TV  app on my TV  home screen and placed the app as #1 . Plus, it DISABLED the option to move or remove it. HOW RUDE AND NASTY THiIS IS.

I will second this. I do not like Live TV, I do not watch live TV, and I do not want live TV. Stop upsetting your users ROKU!

XYZ123

Re: New, Unwanted and PINNED Live TV will not "hide" even though I have chosen hide in the

Jump to solution
  • The*doesn’t work like it does on any other apps that I have there, and clicking on hide doesn’t work either. It’s like those bastards from NetFlix that have the off mode for autoplay, but it doesn’t work any better than pressing the button for crossing the street.
0 Kudos
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As another user said, this is not a device issue. It is a Roku is force installing an application/channel issue. Live TV is being forced installed on all our Roku devices. When we uninstall the app it comes back. I uninstall and it comes back. 

This is a major issue and will force us to leave Roku thereby relinquishing the ad revenue received from the Home Screen and screen savers. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Pissoffuser, @Jeferson23,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the experience that it has caused you. This is not what we aim for. But we will need to gather more details that are needed so that our appropriate Roku team can investigate further on this issue. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuArjiemar posted above?

Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to our appropriate Roku team.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ads Are Covering Channel Squares

Jump to solution

Others have reported a restart of the Roku fixes this.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > System > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".

This is the first thing I try for any apparent Roku system problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New, Unwanted and PINNED Live TV will not "hide" even though I have chosen hide in the

Jump to solution

Hi @XYZ123,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I experience the same issue. I can remove the app but it just comes back. It is forced down our throats. We don’t want it. 

here’s another thread with the same bug: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/How-to-Stop-Roku-from-Auto-Installing-the-Li...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jeferson23,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than delighted to assist you further. Could you please tell us the name of the channel you wish to delete?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here you go.

Also, other users have the same experience: https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/New-Unwanted-and-PINNED-Live-TV-will-not-quo...

Model: 3810X Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial: YH0026861720

Device ID: 2150C2861720

Version: 12.5.0 - build 4178-50

0 Kudos