Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[SOLVED] Disney Plus with a gray screen and the channel logo displayed

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We've received reports from community members that the channel logo and a gray screen show up when they attempt to access Disney Plus.

Image of the issue: 

Screenshot 2024-01-30 064328.png

We believe this issue has been resolved for most people, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If this problem persists, please create a new thread and send me a private message.

This post will be marked as solved and the discussion will be locked. We thank everyone who reported this and for their patience as we strive to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [RESOLVED] Disney Plus with a gray screen and the channel logo displayed

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We believe this issue has been resolved for most users, if not all of them, thus in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
104 REPLIES 104
Trishchad
Binge Watcher

Disney plus screen all gray with logo

Jump to solution

Why can’t I get anything but a gray screen on Disney when I go to log in on my Roku tvs all 4 will not let me into Disney, there is no sign in are nothing just gray screen with Disney name up on the left side 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney plus screen all gray with logo

Jump to solution

Hi, @Trishchad 

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the concern you had with Disney+. We'll provide some series of troubleshooting step to resolve this. As a start, restart your modem/router. Second, follow the steps below:

1. Remove the affected channel by highlighting it from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

After this, kindly check if you're still experiencing the same issue. Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kahnnhak

Jump to solution

I did this and it did not help.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trishchad,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you are also having this issue, and thanks for reporting it. Do you see an available update of this by navigating to the channel tile and pressing the * sign button on your device, then checking now? In addition, could you also tell us if you were able to access this before and when you started seeing this behavior?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
meharledge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same exact issue here. It started about a week ago. I noticed the disney plus app version/build is dated 11/27/23. And that's about when the issue started. I'm guessing it started with that version and we will have to wait for the next update.

Mrsfrenchy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried all if these, unplugged my tv and everything. Nothing has fixed this issue

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @meharledge @Mrsfrenchy 

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've run into with Disney+. We would be more than happy to look further into this. Kindly provide us with the following information:

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the Disney+ channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

We hope to hear back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trishchad
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did that still not working on three of my Roku TVs only working on one tv 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Trishchad

Thanks for the response,

Kindly provide the following information requested above this thread. These details will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Hoping to hear your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos