Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Hi @tjernagel,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your Roku device. Kindly be advised that we're well aware of this, and the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue to resolve it as soon as possible. Would you mind giving us the information as requested by @RokuAnjelie mentioned above to gather more information regarding the issue you've experienced?

We would appreciate your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ATV2

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Restarting the Roku worked for me. Seems to be the answer for all electronics not just computers. 

0 Kudos
grandmadank
Reel Rookie

That worked on two of my tv's but not on the third. I actually had to replace the roku "box" (not sure what it is called but the actual Roku device) on this one. 

0 Kudos
grandmadank
Reel Rookie

Thanks - I'll try this next time it happens.

0 Kudos

Re: Roku channel remote arrows cause skipping interested selection

Thanks for the advice. The software reset fixed my remote skipping issue. 

0 Kudos
Jbd6307
Reel Rookie

Pair your remote with your box again...fixed!

0 Kudos

Well this worked for me, but only temporary. It stopped the skipping remote issue, however every few days it starts skipping again and I have to shut off my stream bar and log back it. This bug for me has been ongoing for 2 months now. This solution is a frustratingi one, a better solution will be Roku actually doing a permanent fix with updates. Oh hmm... like fix the issue and not be sitting on their hands in incompetence.

0 Kudos
dajhnsn
Reel Rookie

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks!!!

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,
Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding your issue so we can further assist you?

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We were looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stormey12
Reel Rookie

I have several Roku 4K units

They are not from the same batch

What they do have in common is that they do not get turned off when I shut down the TV

Another feature is they get HOT after awhile

Your test team might try using units that are on constantly even thought they are not in actual use.

You might have a combination H/W and S/W issue its more than likely that your testing does not consider prolonged exposure to conditions that create unexpected amount of Heat that  the units incur

Stormey12

0 Kudos