Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJMaye
Roku Guru

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

I have the same experience, but different.  I bought a new Roku Voice Remote Pro.  At first it worked fine, but a couple months pass and now I am getting the same skipping described here.  All my other remotes still seem fine.

0 Kudos

Roku channel remote arrows cause skipping interested selection

I’m having an issue where when i select the arrows on my remote to navigate, it often skips over my intended selection. I want to go down one item, instead it goes down 2 or 3 items. I have to select the arrow I want multiple times just to go one direction. This only happens on the Roku channel. No other channel has this issue. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel remote arrows cause skipping interested selection

@Markgman101 

This doesn't work for everybody, but some people with your problem have eliminated the problem by restarting the Roku. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if not there, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can try restarting by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remotes both skipping multiple channels

@Johnsonclan5-

This doesn't work for everybody, but some people with your problem have eliminated the problem by restarting the Roku. (Note that if yours is a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart.)

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power" or if not there, under "Settings > System".

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can try restarting by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a few seconds then plugging it back in and waiting for it to restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bmat1

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Updating the software and restarting fixed the problem. Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Crazywave
Channel Surfer

Mine just started doing the same thing, I'll try what the responder said. Glad you asked

0 Kudos
Crazywave
Channel Surfer

Mines been doing it with Paramount+, prime, freevee and Discovery+. What a pain, I'm going to try these solutions they've mentioned hopefully it works

Blonde
Reel Rookie

I just unplugged power and restarted. Worked after doing this.  I have 4 roku boxes in my home and was happening on at least two of them. Haven't checked others

thanks! 

0 Kudos
AdKraemer

Same. Happened simultaneously to two separate Roku boxes. That suggests a software issue. The chances that both my remotes started having the same problem at exactly the same time are really slim.