Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdgian
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote power button turns tv on but not Roku streaming player.

Thank you very much!! This seems to work!!! 😊

0 Kudos
Laytonjoe1
Reel Rookie

Phantom button pressing will not stop

I came home from work this morning to try and watch TV and my TV is like a ghost is pressing remote buttons. I can't watch anything because it rewinds or pauses it. On the home screen constantly sounds like someone is pressing buttons. Have done system restart. Took the batteries out the remote. And it is still doing it. 

1000004416.jpg

0 Kudos
Laytonjoe1
Reel Rookie

Re: Phantom button pressing will not stop

I have done a factory reset as well. Nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

That is because the condition is only fixed by buying a new remote

One built by a different company......😂

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Laytonjoe1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand the issue you're having with Phanton pressing on the Roku remote through the interface. Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you have performed to try to fix the issue. We'd like to gather further information so it can be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team, who will investigate this case. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • A specific remote button is having an issue
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When this issue occurs, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession.).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gooeytarballs
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

"...(ROKU) erratically skips or jumps over multiple content ..." is closer to my experience.  Not sure what is / was meant by "in some platforms," because I thought ROKU was the 'platform.'

ROKU EXPRESS Purchased 3/22. I experienced this sort of behavior in the extreme. I did change the batteries in my remote on the off chance that the remote was causing the issue. But, since the only way I can control the ROKU is with the remote . . . it's sort of a post hoc, ergo proctor hoc situation in that I did touch the remote prior to seeing this phenomenon.

I went to online support and had three different agents suggest I perform some task and then, close the chat before I could accomplish what was requested! finally, they sent me an email and, when I responded, told me to call.  Basically the guy on the phone ran me through a myriad of possibilities that had been addressed in the online chat (which, apparently, he had not read/did not have access to).  In the end he told me to buy a new ROKU as ROKU only stood behind its products of 365 days.  Amazon stands by for nearly two years, but quit the day before this problem manifested itself.

Model 3930X SNs009318nnx58 The screen will NOT stay 'stable.' it randomly selects this or that and the remote cannot control it. I changed batteries in the remote - That did not help. I turned it off, then on again - no change. I rebooted the router - no change. I did a RESET with the RESET button on the device and when the screen appears to enter the password, it is erratic and keeps changing from Uppercase to lowercase and back again. I have entered the password several three times and it does not accept it. The screen reader comes on for no apparent reason.  It reboots, asks for the language I prefer, finds the WiFi and router and asks for the password. I enter the password and it either reboots directly or shows a screen looking for the router, puts an 'x' in the box and reboots, or first tells me 014.40(?) error code and then reboots.

I can open (and did) the router using the same password entered into the ROKU screen.

But Roku guy says, only thing to do is try buying a new ROKU Express.

Why didn't they point me to this area - it appears that lots of folks are experiencing this erratic behavior.

The cheap Walmart TV's still going strong, but the ROKU can't last two years?

0 Kudos
gooeytarballs
Channel Surfer

Model 3930X

SN: s009318nnx58

"...These can all be found in Settings > System > About..." Nope, not in my case. I reset it trying to fix it and can no longer access Settings.

"...using your Roku remote's microphone button..."Nope, never had a microphone in my remote - still don't.

The screen would NOT stay 'stable.' it randomly selects this or that and the remote cannot control it. I changed batteries in the remote - That did not help. I turned it off, then on again - no change. I rebooted our wifi router - no change. I did a RESET with the RESET button on the device and when the screen appears to enter the password, it is erratic and kept switching from UPPERCASE to lowercase. I have entered the password several times and it does not accept it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Hi @gooeytarballs,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we wanted to take a moment to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. It seems like you have taken a lot of steps to resolve the situation, but we would like to assist you further. Please check your private message box, as we have sent you a message.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Theresakj
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I just started having this issue today with my ONN Roku TV and remote.  I have replaced batteries.  I have restarted TV.  I have unplugged TV, I have checked for updates.  

Will work ok for one or two moves then back to jumping and scrolling.

My remote has no reset button or pairing button.  And I have tried all the suggestions and nothing stays fixed.  The app will work on my phone, but that doesn't solve the problem for others in my home with only a remote to use.

Help!!

0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

If I remember, the fix (or predominate fix) was to reset the Roku software.  If it's a TV then I guess it's via some menu somewhere on the TV itself.  

My external Roku I just found the menu on it and reset it, not anywhere on the TV.  

0 Kudos