Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

Yes, the fix for mine was the restart. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Hi @TechisaPain,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sband3
Reel Rookie

I agree. I had this issue before with Netflix but I’m not sure how or why it started working again. I now only have the skipping problem with the Peacock channel. So it can’t be the remote or the device. I’ve done everything that’s been suggested and nothing is working. It must be in the channels’ algorithms or firmware or something. Peacock worked with my remote about a month ago. And now, every command just skips multiple selections. But also, even though it took me forever to get to “sign out”, I did and when I tried to sign back in, it kept entering numbers/letters on its own. Before, It just kept scanning up and down the left menu. This is crazy because all THREE of my Roku Ultras are brand new!! I shouldn’t be having problems like this. And all 3 remotes are doing this. 

0 Kudos
sband3
Reel Rookie

I tried this. Didn’t work. Only doing this on one app but I’ve removed and re-added the app. Repaired the remote. Disconnected and reconnected/reset the roku device. This isn’t the first time I’ve had this issue. Makes me just want to go back to AppleTV. 

0 Kudos
Salinda

Unplugging worked!

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sband3,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tsmith1

Re: Remote not working skips channels

Thank you for providing the network reset instructions! This was a nightmare and your instructions worked! Thank you again for providing this information to the public.

0 Kudos
grandmadank
Reel Rookie

We had this problem on both tv's upstairs at different times. First one was fixed by resetting the Roku. Second one would work with the ROKU "box" from the first but still skipped with the original box. I replaced the box and problem went away. I think the ROKU 4 boxes are the issue. Start skipping after several months of use. Now our downstairs one is doing same thing. Just reset the box (unplugged and plugged back in) and it seems to be doing better. 

Three different boxes and same issue at different times. It is not the remote - it is definitely tied to the boxes.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @grandmadank,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with your Roku remote. Please be aware that our team is currently working to fix this issue as soon as possible, as your satisfaction is essential to us. Would you mind giving us the device details posted above by @RokuJohnB?

Please keep us posted if you have any other concerns aside from this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tjernagel

I’ve got the same issue on both of my devices. Started about a month ago. Rebooting helps but it still comes back. 

0 Kudos