Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

Hi @patcam1,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We are grateful for any further information regarding this issue. This has been brought to the attention of the appropriate Roku team, and we are presently working to address it.

In addition, could you please provide the information requested previously by @RokuJohnB? This will help our team see more of what's going on here.

We'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Erik7
Reel Rookie

It just happened in the Hulu app. I'm also losing thumbnails. It also happened last week with the Max app. Roku premiere+ model 4630x software 12.0.0:4184

0 Kudos
patcam1
Reel Rookie

Model: 3810RW - ROKU Streaming Stick +

Serial #:  YH00HE450580 (22509H450580

OS version:  12.00 Build 4184-50

GC version:  9.5.513

Tracker ID:  80-318-969

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @patcam1,

Thanks for providing us with additional information about this.

We'll have this information forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once information becomes available, we'll make sure to update this thread and let the Community know about it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Erik7,

Thanks for the post!

We understand, and we really do appreciate the additional insight about this.

In addition to the information provided by Community users, Could you also provide the same details? This will help our team further zoom in on this case.

We'll be looking forward to it. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DawnGholson
Reel Rookie

20230810_195455.jpg

Example of what I am getting.  This is the screenshot of requested information.  

0 Kudos
twohearts
Reel Rookie

I’m having same issue. I’ve restarted, did a factory reset to no avail. It will work for a while then same thing. This happens on home screen, in app description of episodes, even when I change volume instead of 10 or 12 it has two dashes. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are now tracking this issue in the Issue Tracking Board.

If you're seeing this issue, please let us know the following information so that we can try to reproduce and solve.

Let us know...

• Are you experiencing this issue, too?
  • The channel and area you are seeing this issue on, or a brief description of what you're seeing on screen.
  • If you can upload a photo, great!
  • Please create a Tracker ID when you see this issue, and post your Tracker ID to this thread, along with the last 2 digits of your Roku Device ID.
  • Let us know, does restarting your device solve the issue or has the issue come back after a restart?

Thank you for your patience as we work to solve this issue. You can hit the subscribe button to be notified of updates.

Roku Community Team

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Been having the issue for about a month or so now. 

My device specs:

Model 9102R - Roku Streambar

S/N YL0015073425

Software Version 12 build 4184-95

Device ID 2A10C1073425

Issue track ID 2 -32 -73  (the report is missing characters too see pics. But this is best I got) 

How to replicate issue? No real way to just replicate it as it kinda just happens. Sometimes I can trigger it if I try to open  and navigate Max (as in hbo max) too fast. But most the time it happens if I leave one app I've been in awhile and go to different one. (Like if I'm on sling for a couple hours then hit home screen and go to max).

Pic 1

Pic 2 

Pic 3 

Pic 4 

Pic 5 

0 Kudos
DC2023
Reel Rookie

My Roku does the same thing, restarting helps, but only for a few hours, then the text stops displaying correctly, sometimes letters are missing other they appear as blocks. I have to restart every time I watch and sometimes twice. Can’t believe Roku hasn’t provided a fix

0 Kudos