Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

HGTV GO - Will not load, crashes to home screen

We are receiving reports from users that the HGTV GO channel will not load on certain devices and crashes to the home screen.

It appears this issue impacts Roku Premiere Model 3920 (includes all 3920X, 3920R, 3920RW).

This is a Newly Reported Issue. 

What does that mean?

Newly reported issues mean that usually this issue is not widespread and we are still gathering information to help solve the issue. If the issue is a channel-facing issue, then we will work with the channel partner to help solve the issue.

Let us know...

• Are you experiencing this issue too?
  • Are you seeing this issue on your Roku Premiere 3920 device, or a different device? Please include the model number if you are seeing it on a different device.
  • Please create a Tracking ID here and post it to this thread, along with the last 2 digits of your Roku Device ID.

Thank you for your patience as we work to solve this issue. You can hit the subscribe button to be notified of updates.

Roku Community Team

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RL1955
Reel Rookie

HGTV app stopped working.

When I click on the HGTV app, it begins to load then stops, and eventually returns to the home screen. This started happening about a week ago.

I have followed ALL of the suggested repair steps (multiple times) without success: Restart, unplugged, Uninstall/Reinstall, checked for updates, reset to factory settings. I have two Rokus and this happens on both. I don't know if this is a Roku issue or an HGTV issue. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: HGTV app stopped working.

Hi @RL1955!

Thanks for posting here.

Are you able to stream content on other channels? What country are you located in? Is there any ad-blocking, VPN, or proxy in use that may be interfering with your streaming? 

Keep us posted!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
RL1955
Reel Rookie

In answer to your questions --

I can stream all other channels and was able to stream HGTV without issue until about 10 days ago. I even purchased a new Roku and set that up last night. I cannot stream HGTV from the new Roku either but all other channels are fine.  If there is something wrong with my individual account, I am at a loss as to know how to fix it.

I am located in Michigan, USA.

I am not aware of any blocking or conflict that should be interfering with streaming. 

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @RL1955

Thank you for the post.

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the HGTV app. It seems that you've already taken some troubleshooting steps by purchasing a new Roku device, but the issue persists. Since you're able to stream other channels without any problems, it's peculiar that only HGTV is affected.

To further assist you, please try the following steps:

• Update the HGTV app: Ensure that you have the latest version of the HGTV app installed on your Roku device. Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the HGTV app, press the Options (*) button on your remote, and select "Check for updates" to see if any updates are available.
  • Restart your Roku device: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches. Go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the Settings menu, select "System," then choose "System restart." After the device restarts, check if the HGTV app is working.
  • Check for network issues: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can try restarting your modem and router or connecting to a different Wi-Fi network to see if that resolves the problem.
  • Contact HGTV support: If the issue persists, it might be specific to your HGTV account or the app itself. Reach out to HGTV support directly for further assistance. They will have access to specific troubleshooting steps and can investigate any account-related issues.

Remember to provide them with the details you shared here, including the fact that you're able to stream other channels without any problems.

I hope these steps help resolve the issue you're facing with the HGTV app. If you need further assistance, please let me know!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RL1955
Reel Rookie

I have three TVs in my home.  Two using a Roku device and one in a guest bedroom using a Firestick.  After trying every possible solution to fix this issue with HGTV and Roku, I wanted to see if the Firestick would work - it did.  

I looked at the HGTV support page and it looks like it will be a long and difficult process to get a response.  I'll try, but in the meantime, I'm going to switch a Roku for a Firestick.

Thanks for trying -

0 Kudos

The HGTV app on my TV does the same thing. I've also followed all of the suggested "fixes" and none have worked. It's the only app that crashes and prior to this, the app would have me check in with my TV provider (dish network) at least once a week. I'm not sure if the two issues are related ?

I'm in the US and although there are some shows I really like, I'm so frustrated I'd like to give up. I've written to HGTV to no avail so if anyone finds a real solution LMK. 

Thanks 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tilda59junocom,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem? Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or on all channels on your Roku device? In addition, can you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scotty1759
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue with our Roku and the HGTV Go app. It is the only app having issues and it crashes everytime we load it. We uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, updated the app and restarted Roku. Nothing works. When selecting the app it looks like it is going to load. It shows white boxes that you'd normally see where individual episodes would load but nothing ever loads. After about 20 seconds the app crashes and Roku usually restarts. Apparently the "Give us feedback" button does nothing because we reported the issue since it started a couple of months ago and it still hasn't been fixed. 

0 Kudos
AceP

I’m having the exact same problem. Watched a show on HGTV Go with no issues yesterday, then tried to open the app later and there are just blank boxes where the show thumbnails should be and it freezes the Roku entirely. I have to turn off the TV and restart. I can watch every other channel, I have no internet or VPN or blocking issues (I am in the US), I have tried unplugging and restarting the Roku and uninstalling and reinstalling the HGTV Go app and checking that it is updated. Nothing is working. Please help!

0 Kudos