Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[Contact DIRECTV] Playback issues being reported

Update 10/24/23: DirecTV has identified a fix and will be rolling it out in the next two days. Thanks for your patience.

-------------------

We are receiving reports from customers using the DIRECTV channel that the channel is not currently working as expected. We are working with DIRECTV on helping to solve this issue, and we know that some folks have been seeing this issue for several days. 

DirecTV is aware of this issue and is working on a fix on their side. Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly with our friends at the channel partner to resolve.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
williammb

DirecTV channel stopped working

My DirecTV Stream channel (set up via Roku Pay) was working fine until a couple of days ago.  Now it seems not to recognize the subscription and will play nothing.  The YouTube and Amazon Prime channels work fine.  The problem is specific to DirecTV Stream.

I spoke with those folks, and they insist that the problem with DirecTV Stream is at Roku's end,  nationwide, and you know about it.  I tried a system restart, and that fixed nothing.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: DirecTV channel stopped working

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, @williammb.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot the channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the Star button on your remote.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CWA55

Re: [DIRECTV] Playback issues being reported

Several months ago my 4K Streaming Stick began making random loud popping or cracking noises when fast-forwarding or rewinding recorded shows on DirecTV Stream. I deleted and reinstalled DirecTV but the problem persisted. I finally broke down and bought a Roku Ultra which appears to have corrected the problem. My contact with DirecTV support blamed the Roku, but I was not convinced since the noises only occurred while watching. Hopefully that problem is corrected by DirecTV as well.

0 Kudos