Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Contact Customer Support] Wireless not detected | Error 022

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

You may be seeing Error 022 or Wireless not detected if you're viewing this post. We're sorry if you are having trouble connecting your Roku device to your wireless connection.

If you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning this error, there are a few things you can do to help found on our FAQ link: How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device | Official Ro...

If you still see the error after following all the necessary troubleshooting steps, feel free to contact Roku Support to assist you further and provide a replacement for the Roku WiFI pod.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Stay safe and healthy!

Best regards,
Roku Community team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: error 022 long range wireless not decected

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

You may be seeing Error 022 or Wireless not detected if you're viewing this post. We're sorry if you are having trouble connecting your Roku device to your wireless connection.

If you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning this error, there are a few things you can do to help find our FAQ link: How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device | Official Ro...

If you still see the error after following all the necessary troubleshooting steps, feel free to contact Roku Support to assist you further and provide a replacement for the Roku WiFI pod.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Stay safe and healthy!

Best regards,
Roku Community team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
62 REPLIES 62
Lon1

Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

I just received my Roku Streaming Stick 4K+. I plugged it into the hdmi port and it gives me a white screen with Erro code 022 - Wireless receiver not detected. If I leave it for a few minutes, the Roku logo appears, shows thr Let’s get started screen then goes back to the error page.  

what is the fix?? Should I send it back and get a different model ?? 

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

Are you using the WiFi booster extension that comes with it? Do you have it plugged into the wall power or do you have a plugged into USB power? Have you tried unplugging it for 60 seconds and plugging it back in? Did you finish the entire set up? Where did you purchase it from? 

Mb621
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m getting the exact same issue. I just purchased a streaming stick 4K plus and trying to install it this error message came up. I have a Roku already at home and it works just fine and was very easy to install. I’m trying to install this one for my parents and keep getting this error message. I’ve tried several things by changing HDMI ports doing a factory reset as well and nothing works.  02B89B3A-ACEF-4CF9-B12A-BAD058F20B3E.jpeg

AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do you have it plugged into the wall or the USB power on your TV? If you just bought then return it. It’s under warranty. A Roku doesn’t install. You just plug it into the wall for power and an open HDMI port on your TV

Opie2

Jump to solution

Yes i tried ever thing I can can some one tell me about this error 022 and how to fix it#

Mb621
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think I figured it out. Try a different USB port. I was told that the USB ports on the back of a TV or not all the same. When I switched it to a different USB port it works just fine.

Boblew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and have tried different ports. It takes me 3-6 times of turning the TV off and back on. I have a Samsung TV.

This is terrible.

Mb621
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have learned that there are different HDMI ports on the TV. I thought they were all the same but they are not. When I switched to a different HDMI port, then the Roku started working without a problem.  

Boblew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The support answered me by sending me to the setup. The device has been setup it does not get recognized after the TV has been turned off and then on. The same error so it's not a setup issue.