Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

How are you powering the device?  Are you using a USB port on the TV or plugging it into a wall outlet?

0 Kudos
Boblew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am using USB

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Boblew

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you tried powering the Roku device into a power outlet instead of using the TV USB port?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cbscanlan

Jump to solution

I am having exact same issue. Device is plugged into HDMI port one. Cord is plugged into device and wall outlet. All connections are secure. Every 5 minutes or so bouncing ROKU logo comes on and screen goes to language set up for maybe 15 seconds then immediately switches to Error 022 “Wireless Receiver not detected”. The wireless router is in the same room as the TV and is able to be detected by my computer and my phone. Regardless, I haven’t been able to get far enough to even add the wireless network and password to the device since I can’t get past this point. Really frustrating. Reading multiple forums I don’t see anyone getting any resolution to this problem. Can you help?

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Cbscanlan What Roku device do you have.  If it is a streaming stick 4k double check the cord connecting the power to the actual stick to make sure it is a secure connection.  This has nothing to do with your WiFi the device is not getting power correctly.  Do you have a different HDMI port on the TV you can try?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same thing going on.   Tried everything suggested and it’s still not working.  ROKU seems to not be a good product 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Upsetwithrok

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bolton43

Jump to solution

I have connected it to the wall and still get the error code 022.

De71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue and it turned out the micro usb wasn't shoved into the stick enough. Once I made sure it was really in the stick, it worked.

Jsayer2221

Jump to solution

Same issue. Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4K.  Sits at Choose language for about 5 seconds then Wireless Receiver not detected. Have tried USB on TV and wall plug -same result.  TV only has 1 HDMI and 1 USB.  Purchased at Bestbuy store. Guess I will be taking it back.

0 Kudos