Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Channel tiles missing from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Last night I went to the Streaming Store to search for new apps (channels). Under the the Apps section all I found was Premium, Recommended, and Featured.

No International, Educational, etc.

I have a Roku 4802X Ultra V 12.0, Build 4184

And yes, I am in the USA.

0 Kudos

Re: home page channel icons disappearing

Jump to solution

This is happening today on my Onn Roku TV. The tiles keep disappearing. When they do reappear, they won’t load, not even the Roku app. Searching for titles also doesn’t yield any results. I have restarted several times, done a hard restart, and even done a factory reset. My internet is connected and showing as excellent. 

0 Kudos
jonobrady
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi There

Thanks for posting this,

I had the same issue on 4 rokus all different models (soundbar, Ultra and basic models).

The only thing that worked for me was a factory default on all 4

Restart didnt help me on all 4 devices

I also tried other steps people recommended (reboot device and router, change theme background, clear cache, remove readd channel) none of which worked.

Either way thanks for addressing it

0 Kudos
abhay180
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I still see this. I thought my old roku3 has gong bad and installed a new roku3 ultra today and stil they vanished again!! Pls help!!

0 Kudos
abhay180
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am still seeing this issue in a newly installed Roku .

Device id: kx9984376640

i cannot find any GC version , is it the software version ? 12.0.0 build 4184-46

0 Kudos
jonobrady
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My own Ultra reports Software version 12.5.0 build 4169-29

I compared that to the soundbar which uses a version 12.0 build 4184-95

Both report as up to date when I force an update

I figure that means that different roku types use different roku builds and versions , but I dont know if thats how roku do their builds

Either way, assuming you have done a default of the unit and started again from scratch, I would recommend comparing builds as listed above and force updates to see if anything happens.

Failing that, maybe try the other options mentioned, clear cache, change theme etc......

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
jonobrady
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I notice your build number is lower then mine,

Usually build numbers come in two and are usually <major build no>.<minor build no>

Our major builds are the same

The minor builds are different and are usually minor fixes for smaller things.

Again, this is the usual and I am not sure if this is how roku is doing it.

May be worth forcing a system update to see if there is a new get of the build

0 Kudos
abhay180
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried updating my sw-version, but it says uptodate and there is no update. I launched a formal complaint after chatting w Roku support and they tell me that it’s not resolved yet for all. Let’s see. 

abhay180
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do you force a system update? 

0 Kudos
walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

Re: home page channel icons disappearing

Jump to solution

Still not fixed. For those of you stating this started with the 12.5 update that is not true this was happening in 12.0 and it started sometime last Wednesday or Thursday when for a day or two Roku went to a 4 grid-wide icon matrix instead of the standard 3 grid wide. it didn't last very long but as soon as it went back from 4 grid to a 3 grid icon matrix is when the problem of the disappearing icon started. It was hard to notice but in the four grid icon matrix if you scrolled from the left side list over to the icon matrix there was a weird brief glitch and that's when all of this started. There was a little hiccup as the icons did something when that four grid matrix was being shown on Roku devices and when they went back to a three grid matrix all the icons started graying out or going away. This problem began with some kind of GUI interface design error by one of the programmers. Seems like they could just revert back to what they had before and solve the problem but apparently they're struggling with it.

If you need to get to the live TV function since it's grayed out you can go down to settings -> tv inputs -> live tv -> then select "set up input".  There you will get the live TV menu. Alternatively you can also go to settings -> tv picture settings -> live tv -> then select "set up live tv"

Both are back doors into the live tv menu.

To get to non visible app icons the work around is on the left side bar go to search -> then type in the app name as if u want to download it. Since already installed it will give you the option to open that app.

Alternatively on the remote control with voice control hold the microphone icon until a menu pops up on-screen and while continuing to hold the microphone button speak "load xyz channel" of the name of the app you want to open

0 Kudos