Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt1981m
Reel Rookie

Re: No Home Screen Icons After Update

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku devices with the same issue after this update

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: home page channel icons disappearing

Jump to solution

Go to settings/home screen/live tv and select hide. Add the Roku Live TV app to your channel icons and that will take you directly to the Live TV guide. Roku broke something in the live tv menu item with the 12.5 update.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Go to settings/home screen/live tv and select hide. Add the Roku Live TV app to your channel icons and that will take you directly to the Live TV guide. Roku broke something in the live tv menu item with the 12.5 update. Just scrolling over it kills the home screen app display.

0 Kudos
matt1981m
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sadly that isn't correcting the issue for me.  I had Live TV (and all of the other options) in that menu set to Hide on a Roku TV I use, and then just tried disabling it on a Roku Ultra having the issue.  All channel icons are still missing from the home screen, even after another reboot.

0 Kudos
Buelin
Channel Surfer

Re: Removing channels from my list

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Buelin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who reported this issue. We believe this issue is beginning to resolve.

While not everyone will see this issue, if you aren't seeing your Home Screen icons, try this: Navigate into your left-side menu. Then, go back to your Home Screen and you should see your channel icons. If not, try restarting your device from the Settings > System menu.

If you're still not seeing your Home Screen icons, wait a few minutes and try again.

Thanks for reporting this issue, let us know if this fixed it!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Jetkey

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku Express devices and had been plagued by this on both devices this morning since the s/w 2.50 update. The glitch now seems to have been corrected and the channel tiles are now back on the Home screen on both devices.

As a side note, the work-around was not so simple as indicated. I needed to click around multiple times on the left menu items before the Home channel tiles appeared. Usually, you would first get "ghost tiles" and then had to wait for a few minutes for the actual tiles to appear. The problem also occurred if you were watching a channel and then returned to the Home screen, which would be blank again. Glad that the problem was fixed.

0 Kudos

Re: All channels on the Roku home screen became blank.

Jump to solution

All 4 of my Roku TV began experiencing the blank channels recently. Love them even though they are a little glitchy. Not sure if it was related to software update 12.0.0 Build 4182 or the Fall theme that was applied automatically. Netflix, amazon, and Philo channels have always been dependable. AppleTV channel on the other hand has always been unpredictable after using it for a while I usually have to restart the TV or sometimes it will do it by itself. I've tried resetting to default theme, unplugging, rebooting router, and rebooting TV several times. Sometimes just turning off and back on or resetting the network connection will restore channels for a while but never a permanent fix. I'm hoping the next software update slated forthis month will provide stability. With it happening on all devices at the same time I'm not factory resetting.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Jetkey wrote:

I have 2 Roku Express devices and had been plagued by this on both devices this morning since the s/w 2.50 update. The glitch now seems to have been corrected and the channel tiles are now back on the Home screen on both devices.

As a side note, the work-around was not so simple as indicated. I needed to click around multiple times on the left menu items before the Home channel tiles appeared. Usually, you would first get "ghost tiles" and then had to wait for a few minutes for the actual tiles to appear. The problem also occurred if you were watching a channel and then returned to the Home screen, which would be blank again. Glad that the problem was fixed.

@Jetkey Thanks for letting us know, Jet! A few users would have had an old cache that would have caused the problem you mentioned, and restarting your device would have solved it completely. Thanks for the detailed report, we appreciate it. Happy Streaming!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.