Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Channel tiles missing from Home Screen

Jump to solution

UPDATE 10/6/23 9:50AM PT

Thanks to everyone who reported this issue. We believe this issue is now resolved.

If you aren't seeing your Home Screen icons, try this: Navigate into your left-side menu. Then, go back to your Home Screen, and you should see your channel icons. If not, try restarting your device from the Settings > System menu.

If you're still not seeing your Home Screen icons, wait a few minutes and try again.

Thanks for reporting this issue; let us know if this fixed it!

Happy Streaming!

--------------------------------------

We are hearing reports of channel tiles missing from your Roku Home Screen and our engineering team is working quickly to resolve. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

If you're seeing this issue, please let us know your device ID and GC version (all found under Home > Settings > System > About). 

Thank you for your patience. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: home page channel icons disappearing

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who reported this issue. We believe this issue is beginning to resolve.

While not everyone will see this issue, if you aren't seeing your Home Screen icons, try this: Navigate into your left-side menu. Then, go back to your Home Screen and you should see your channel icons. If not, try restarting your device from the Settings > System menu.

If you're still not seeing your Home Screen icons, wait a few minutes and try again.

Thanks for reporting this issue, let us know if this fixed it!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

140 REPLIES 140
PennyT

Re: Channel tiles missing from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I watched live TV with my Roku for the first time, and now the channel icons on my home page have disappeared.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PennyT 

Have you tried performing a System Restart?

Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is happening to me, too. I've reset multiple times, and it keeps happening.

Immediately after a reset, the channel icons will appear for a moment. Then, line by line, they all vanish until only the 'search' bar remains.

I can still access the channels by searching for them, so it's not a connectivity issue. It's definitely a glitch of some kind.

EddieMac24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This exact problem is happening to me too, I have 5 rokus (2 ultra and 3 streaming sticks) and all suddenly have this issue, no channels on the home screen.  I've rebooted and factory reset them all, works for a short period after a factory reset then disappears again.  

DBaptista

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streambar which shows it updated yesterday (10/5/23) at 10:37pm to 12.5.0 Build 4169-95.  I've rebooted and multiple times.  After reboot, the icons will appear for a second then gone.  I can access the channels only by using the search function.  This is a bad update.  I've seen others posting the same issue.

0 Kudos
srainmanw

Jump to solution

That a BS answer, how more specific can one get, the icons for all apps disappear from the Home Screen to make an app selection, seems this is now a common problem, I’ve rebooted etc but my app icons are not present even after reboot I have to go to search app to find the app I want to stream, maybe some update Roku put out cause the issue 

pharry1450

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on two out of my four Roku’s with disappearing icons on the home screen. I can go to live TV and find my icons and access my apps. I have rebooted my system and the icons on the Home Screen show briefly but then go away.

Jump to solution

Every icon/app it is all gone from my home screen even my paid subscription... OMG what an 🤔 how can I resolve this??  It has  all just vanished.. 

ellenaj8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too, as of last night, on both of my Roku TCL TVs and my Roku express. I have done a system restart on all 3 and it is still happening.

0 Kudos