Independent Developer Kit

Learn how to innovate on the Roku platform with the Independent Developer Kit. Reimagine your TV with Roku app development! Join the community for help.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Windows standalone Static Channel Analysis tool failure

Jump to solution

I installed the latest version of Java (Version 8 update 381).  I downloaded the utility and unzipped it.  When I try to run it, I get:

C:\Users\Mike>"C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Roku\Static Channel Analysis Tool\sca-cmd\sca-cmd\bin\sca-cmd"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/roku/sca/cmd/CommandLineInterface has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 61.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Windows standalone Static Channel Analysis tool failure

Jump to solution

The documentation for using the Windows version of this tool is lacking.  It does not mention what version of Java is needed.  I found that it worked with Java JDK 19.02.

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Windows standalone Static Channel Analysis tool failure

Jump to solution

The documentation for using the Windows version of this tool is lacking.  It does not mention what version of Java is needed.  I found that it worked with Java JDK 19.02.

0 Kudos