Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jesland

Roku not turning on. Plugged in

Can’t get my roku to come on the tv

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not turning on. Plugged in

@Jesland 

Gotta ask the obvious questions, because sometimes that's how troubleshooting works. So ...

Are you sure your TV is on the HDMI input to which the Roku device is connected? Can you connect anything else to that input and see stuff?

Have you tried a different HDMI input?

Have you tried connecting the Roku to a different TV?

Also, what Roku model number are you using? It's on the box, four digits followed by one or two letters.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jesland

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @DBDukes mentioned, is there a light on your Roku device when powered?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Derrick30

Hi @DBDukes ,

All of my connections are secure for the internet, TV and electricity. The white power light is on and unresponsive to the Roku remote. Is there something I do to correct this issue?

0 Kudos
SBHIGGY
Reel Rookie

mine does this exact same thing! and its not even 3 months old! lights on other hdmi port same thing plugged into outlet and stick lightson an nothing! please replace this defective product this is the 2nd time this has done this!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SBHIGGY

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos