Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkGash
Reel Rookie

Replacement of Broken Stick

My Roku stick is "frozen."  I have tried repeatedly to unplug it, let it cool, and plug it back in.  Nothing works and I cannot Navigate to "settings."  I have tried to set up a replacement online, but the site will not accept the serial number printed right on the stick.  I have tried calling several Roku phone numbers and am unable to reach anyone.  I would like to speak live with someone in Roku support about how to get the stick replaced.  I have had it for less than a year and it is under warranty.  I am extremely frustrated by, and disappointed with, Roku.  This experience has been terrible and reflects very poorly on the company.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement of Broken Stick

Look more closely at the serial number. A Zero (0) looks very similar to a capital O. The zero has a bit of a squeeze in the middle, while the letter O is completely round.  That's what usually trips people up. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MarkGash
Reel Rookie

I tried it both ways and neither was accepted.  Why is it so difficult to speak with someone?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You know that number printed on the stick that's next to S/N or serial number or whatever?  Guess what?  It's not the serial number.  Only Roku...

You can find the serial number the website is looking for listed under your linked devices displayed at https://my.roku.com .

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Why so difficult to speak to someone employed by Roku?  Commercial considerations (wages), but you probably figured that out already.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MarkGash

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you.

Can you please provide us with the Roku serial number/device ID on the device? Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkGash
Reel Rookie

The number on the stick itself is 225OD7397524.  The O could be a zero.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarkGash,

Thanks for reaching back and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos