Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing wireless adapter for Roku streaming stick

Monster wireless adapter received to pair with Roku streaming stick4 why can't I get it to find the adapter 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Pairing wireless adapter for Roku streaming stick

@wecountalways20

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The monster adapter isn't on the list of working wireless adapters. What model of Roku Stick do you have? Only the 3820 & 3821 Streaming stick 4k & 4k+ can work with proper wireless adapters, no other models of Stick. And if you have one of the above the only remote control is your cellphone. See this thread:

Using Streaming Stick 4K/4K+ Wired & Without Remot... - Roku Community

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cdcoop54
Reel Rookie

How do I Pair   my Roku with my Direct Tv Stream device and internet on another Smart Tv in the House?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@cdcoop54 wrote:

How do I Pair   my Roku with my Direct Tv Stream device and internet on another Smart Tv in the House?

Not certain what you're asking. If you want to use a DirecTV remote to control the Roku, we need to know what Roku you have. If it's a Stick, the answer is it's impossible. Roku Stick players do not have an IR receiver built into them, so you can't use 3rd party IR remotes to control them. 

When you say "pair" your Roku with another device, that simply doesn't work. A Roku player will only "pair" to a Roku remote. Some Roku players only come with an IR remote, so there's nothing for it to pair with. If you're trying to connect it to the Internet, it will only connect to a WiFi access point, not to another device unless that device has an access point itself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
cdcoop54
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your Help I am new at this device still trying to understand what I can and cannot do.  You answered all my Questions.  

0 Kudos