Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorin2076
Reel Rookie

Now tv powered by Roku stick

Jump to solution

I have this stick and i am outside UK. Not interested in now tv channels.

I can't sign in, asking for now tv subscription.

What can i use it for?

I have netflix account. Any way to work on this without now tv subscription?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Now tv powered by Roku stick

Jump to solution

You won't be able to do very much with this, outside the UK and without NowTV subscription.  The remote will be reusable with other Roku devices (not TV or sticks).

Your best option is to sell it or give it away and buy a replacement Roku device.  Ultra or streambar if you can afford it, express4k otherwise. Or RokuTV.

The NowTV devices are getting a bit old, very oldest can't run all channels.

NowTV (the "budget" brand of Sky Satellite, which is owned by Comcast) isn't offering their "white label" rebranded Roku device anymore (the branded channel store still exists I think to support existing users). NowTV is unrelated to the Now channel that is available in US channel store (NowTV channel app only available in UK channel store).

NB postage from most countries to the UK is likely to make a sale difficult (price plus postage too high), need to find a way to post from the UK (friend or relative in the UK maybe).

Not a Roku employee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You won't be able to do very much with this, outside the UK and without NowTV subscription.  The remote will be reusable with other Roku devices (not TV or sticks).

Your best option is to sell it or give it away and buy a replacement Roku device.  Ultra or streambar if you can afford it, express4k otherwise. Or RokuTV.

The NowTV devices are getting a bit old, very oldest can't run all channels.

NowTV (the "budget" brand of Sky Satellite, which is owned by Comcast) isn't offering their "white label" rebranded Roku device anymore (the branded channel store still exists I think to support existing users). NowTV is unrelated to the Now channel that is available in US channel store (NowTV channel app only available in UK channel store).

NB postage from most countries to the UK is likely to make a sale difficult (price plus postage too high), need to find a way to post from the UK (friend or relative in the UK maybe).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Sorin2076
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you !

Can i use it to cast from android phone? 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No, because you won't be able to complete the setup.  Have to be able to see main Roku menu screen for casting to work (and I have found it to be a bit hit and miss with older Roku and older phones).

If casting from non-apple devices is your key requirement, buy a cheap generic dumb casting stick instead (miracast/direct cast standard). Plenty on Amazon/eBay for cheap, they work OK.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos