Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanguzz

Re: Not getting activation email

I am having the same error after trying several times, checking my inbox/trash/junk and doing a reset.  Email is [personal information] SN #S00920APEU0N 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @ryanguzz

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you haven't tried yet, we would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If still no dice, let us know.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BBBBB5

same issue with no success, I have tried all the recommended steps to fix with no success, I have not received one activation email. 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

i have an account just trying to add unit

did not have any problem with first one..............................................................................................................

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @BBBBB5 @3809

Thanks for the posts.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our Support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tank2021
Reel Rookie

C'mon,,,, please throw us a bone.    What did you do to resolve?

All of a sudden, my three Rokus didn't work and I attempted factory resets on the two sticks but not the TCL Roku TV which is now throwing NW 2-5 error codes.   

A very frustrating situation. 

Add to that one needs to enter 140 or more characters to post here just adds to the frustration.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

sn  so7p515nk2kl8

mod  3942x

roku is on my safe senders list and I have reset the device fifteen times 3 different ways and I USE THE

ADDRESS ON MY CURRENT ACCOUNT. I have a small fan on the device I am using to prevent it from overheating. The buyers and sellers of the device plus the sellers of content such as netflex, hulu and

others must be disappointed in roku.

0 Kudos
dgain

Roku Express. No Activation Code Available. No email recieved, no code on TV

How does one get help with setup? I am unable to set up Roku beyond getting it to recognize the wireless network. No code is displayed on the TV and the only option is to keep submitting my email address. I will give it another day but this is frustrating.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express. No Activation Code Available. No email recieved, no code on TV

Roku no longer uses the activation code method.  I don't know why the email activation doesn't work for so many people, but if you can, try using your phone's hotspot and connect to that just to get through the activation.  If you have another email address you can use, try that.  You can always change the email associated with the account once you get your Roku activated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@3809

Thanks for reaching out and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos