Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: no Link code

Jump to solution

@Rashgo 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to see if you can generate a link code and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rashgo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did not work danny

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rashgo 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: DKK9-6L2R

Jump to solution

Quick Start guides tells me NOTHING on how to obtain a link code or to set up an account.

So far, I am not happy with this company at all; customer service has been non-existent so far.

These are my issues:  

How to activate device?

What is a link code?

Where do I find it?

How to set up account.

Your "help" pages provided NO help. Why do I need an account when I have NO intention of buying anything?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@speedyfastcat

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to set up a Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?

Can you please provide more information about your link code issue? Are you unable to generate a link code? Are you being asked for your email address to be sent an activation link?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I tried that it didn't give me a chance to get a code. Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am trying to get the Ruko TV code that I used during my tv setup. I am trying to stream xfinityx1 to my Ruko tv

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That code is a one-time use code and only links your Roku device to your Roku account.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Xfinity.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DragonLord721
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, I know you sent me a message somewhere but it really don't matter as I'm returning my new 50" Hisense 50R6E3 4K **bleep** of a TV anyway, it just has a really bad picture and the motion, OMG I thought I was tripping. I had high hopes for this TV but it don't come close to my 8 year old "Sharp Aquos Quattron" I mean not even close wso I'll just take it back and try something else and I'm quite sure it will not be Roku.

Thanks .. DragonLord721

0 Kudos
Carolann1

Re: Link code

Jump to solution

I do not have a link code.  How do I get one. My ROKU is already showing channels and I cannot find anything in systems to locate the link code I need to put into my account

0 Kudos