Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express 4K+ Has bouncing Roku logo

Dealing with a bouncing Roku logo for days.  Unplugged cords, did the reset for 30 seconds.  It’s plugged into a power adaptor into the wall.

what else can I try?

it’s only 4 months old 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
92 REPLIES 92
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4K+ Has bouncing Roku logo

@Denise_leber 

Generally for the bouncing Roku issue, the steps are to either leave unplugged for a bit or factory reset (press and hold button for 30+ seconds as you did).

The bouncing Roku logo is basically stuck in a boot process.  If the factory reset does not fix it, then device probably needs replacing.

Since your device is under 1 year old, should quality for replacement under warranty. (Instructions for Returns can be found at https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ktangora
Reel Rookie

I have always had mine plugged into an outlet… 

bouncing logo is new and I bought this late fall. I’ve got and held reset numerous times to no avail. Unplugged and plugged back in and still bouncing logo.

help please

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ktangora,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Ktangora
Reel Rookie

I’ve left it unplugged and tried again to no avail. The SN number is SO7P216CVEHW. Model number is 3941X @RokuMary-F 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Ktangora

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dinamcg
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  Resets and unplugs not working.  Roku logo just bouncing.

Roku Express 4k+

SN: S07P217XJ9F0

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @dinamcg

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dinamcg
Reel Rookie

I had it plugged into the power supply available in the cable box previously. It did work for about 2 months. Plugging into the wall directly did not help.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@dinamcg

I apologize for the delay in response.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos