Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

Re: Roku stuck on beginning screen

It’s covered under warranty for 12 months. Here is a link to file a claim 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku stuck on beginning screen

Hi @Lolzjaz

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mollyw99
Channel Surfer

Roku express 4k isn’t booting

My roku express 4k stick is stuck on the loading screen with the bouncing logo. I have tried unplugging it for a while plugging it back in. I have tried holding the reset button and all it does is make the screen go black. I’ve tried plugging it into different outlets as well. It’s started about 4 hours and all my other devices are working. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k isn’t booting

@Mollyw99 

Yikes. Pressing the Reset button, even for less than the recommended 30 seconds, could put it in a factory fresh state. That means a full setup

Describe what is on the screen when you power up the Roku. Bouncing logo? "Let's get started?" What?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mollyw99
Channel Surfer

I have tried that as well and it did not work. When it starts up it shows the loading page which is the bouncing roku letters and it stays like that. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Mollyw99 

Just to clarify ... 

When you power up the Roku, you get the bouncing logo, and it just stays on the bouncing logo?

If so, do press the Reset button for a full 30 seconds (a full 30 seconds; ignore anything on the screen for the full 30 seconds) and try it again.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Mollyw99
Channel Surfer

I have done that as well and it just makes the screen black and doesn’t do anything. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Mollyw99 

Well, after 30 seconds, you do let the button go, right? What happens then? It stays black? So you never get the bouncing logo after doing a Factory Reset? Only after powering down the Roku?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but this level of detail is important. I don't want to assume anything, as that could take us down the wrong path. I want to make sure we're all on the same page and not veering of without realizing it.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Mollyw99
Channel Surfer

Yes once I reset it with the button it stays black. If I unplug it and put it back in it shoes the logo again 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Mollyw99 

Yikes. That really doesn't sound good. So now we're grasping for straws to find anything that says the Roku isn't totally shot. So...

At the risk of being a pain again, tell me how long you held the Reset button in seconds. Actually count and tell us. Or better, look at a watch and count the seconds, and tell us.

Sorry, but I had a nearly two page discussion one time and the person was doing what they thought was "good enough" or "the same thing" but not "the actual thing" and ever since then, I've tried to be very specific in my questions and answers. Not trying to be difficult, just thorough. I hope you'll bear with me on this.

DBDukes

0 Kudos