Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

@Plzhelp @Johnmorby0u 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You’re too late, I’ve fixed it myself and posted advice for others to follow with the same issue. 

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
LeeFreed

Jump to solution

Hi I am having the same issue. No email. When I check network settings all seems connected. 
my info is:

Streaming Stick 4K
Model: 3821X
SN: SO9T41902EAC

0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This should help you.....

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix. So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email. I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used. So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it.  Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'. So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...  

Neil

BEng(Hons) Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran 

'Never a dull moment!!'  

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LeeFreed

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grumpy_too

Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

It's end of November 2021, and users of are still having this is problem after over a year.  It's time Roku admits defeat with the email approach and go back to using activation codes - at least that works. Users have no way of knowing whether the Roku tv vendor sending notice to Roku is the problem, or whether Roku can't send emails. Email is adding at least two more layers of complexity to the problem. Phone support lacks the ability (training/authority/company trust) to dig into it this problem. I've got a nearly ten year commitment to Roku. I sure do as **bleep** do not want to return my latest Roku tv and start over with Android. I really don't. 

0 Kudos
jwruprecht

Jump to solution

I am installing a Stream Stick 4K, but have yet to receive an activation email.  I have verified my email address.  I have checked my spam folder.  I have edited my email address.  I have tried all of the option in the solution posed on 05-18-2021.  I have waited 30-minutes.  I have done a factory reset and am again waiting for my activation email.  

I believe that the problem is on your end, and it is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING that voice or chat support is not available for such a fundamental issue.

0 Kudos

Activation will not work gone to finish over and over

Jump to solution

I have done activation code all the way through ten times my Roku is still on set up for first time I have been doing this for two days

0 Kudos
jwruprecht

Jump to solution

Finally, after waiting over 2-hours, I received an activation email.  It was time stamped at 10:56 and it said that the activation link would expire in 30-minutes.  I clicked the activation link in the email at 11:03.  The system said that my link had expired, and recommended that I have a new link re-sent.  I've done this; it should be interesting to see how long this new activation email takes to get to me. The 30-minute expiration timer doesn't seem to be connected to the time stamp on the email, so it it starts when an activation email is requested, and it takes over 2-hours for it to be sent, and absent any manual intervention on Roku's part, then it appears that the automated activation process is terminally hosed, at least for me.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I wonder how many mail servers are still using greylisting.  That can easily delay a message by 30 minutes or more.  (I used it years ago on a mail server but later turned it off due to this sort of annoyance.)  If it is still in use anywhere, it seems like the expiration should be a couple of hours at least, just in case Roku runs into greylisting.

0 Kudos