Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Re: No Email for Device Activation

Jump to solution

Four hours?!!! When it states on the page of the activation page on the device “Your activation link will expire in 30 minutes. Don’t forget to check your Spam folder”

Come on Roku, there is clearly a fault somewhere within the software that need’s investigation and resolving here. 
anyway glad this chap got his device finally working. 

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
kd1987

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

Did it all, over and over. Nothing.

0 Kudos
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Within your email do a search for keyword ‘Roku’ and see what that brings up. I found mine eventually by doing just that in Gmail. God knows why it was hidden 

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
Erchamion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SN=SOO9313ST69C

Model # 3930X

Have requested activation email multiple times, reset system twice and re-established wifi/internet connection successfully.  No activation email has been sent but have received "resent activation email"
notification on device indicating that the previous email had expired.

0 Kudos

no link code on the tv or in the email

Jump to solution

Got a new Roku tv tryed to set up the tv does not give me a link code there is no link code thought it was the tv too back got a new one still same thing had this tv now for 6 months and still cant get it set up

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no link code on the tv or in the email

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't send codes anymore, just an email with link to finish activating the roku on line. Do a factory reset:

settings> system> advance system settings> factory reset> follow prompts

After it reboots, pick language, hook to the internet with network and password, after it upgrades you'll be at a page to enter your email address. Wait for email, click link and finish activaing on-line. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kd1987 @darlenepearl 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue with receiving an email activation, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Erchamion

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Plzhelp

Jump to solution

New Roku Express 4K+ will not send the activation code to my existing account email address.  I tested the device by entering a different email address and the activation link arrived immediately.  So, the device is able to communicate. Why won't the activation link arrive in my already established email?  It happens to be an MSN email.  If I can't link this device it's going back to the store.

0 Kudos

Bought a new Roku express today and fault

Jump to solution

Bought a new Roku express to take advantage of the new price. Cannot get it past the "activate your Roku player" scree, where it requests your email address to confirm activation. Just sends a message telling me unable to reach me by email. Tried the usual Roku resets button. CS Les out etc, but cannot get further from this page for set'up. 

0 Kudos