Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrpriceisright
Reel Rookie

4k+ stuck at boot, unable to factory reset

Have a 3941x,  4k+.   watching a stream for a few minutes,  unit rebooted,  stuck at boot / roku screen.
Have tried on multiple tv's.
it is using the factory 1 amp usb supply.
Have left unplugged for 30 mins, no change
remove batteries from remote - no change (batteries were new btw).
Have tried factory reset (press reset for 30 secs) - no change.
when the reset button is pressed it starts to reboot (blink) after 3 secs or so, then goes solid.  if the reset is  held,  it stays solid but even after 30+  seconds, always goes back to boot (ROKU) screen .
So am unable to reset / factory reset. 
when initially set up had no problem connecting to net/updating/registering etc. 
so am unable to get past boot screen and unable to factory reset. 
have searched the forum,  haven't seen an answer. 

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 4k+ stuck at boot, unable to factory reset

@mrpriceisright

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you connecting the device into a wall outlet? When trying to perform a factory reset on the device, after pressing the reset button for at least 30 seconds, what happens exactly? Does the bouncing Roku logo show up?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrpriceisright
Reel Rookie

it is using the Roku factory 1 amp usb supply that it comes with.  (also tried 2.4 amp usb power brick - no difference). Remote has new batteries (same as during initial setup),

when the reset button is pressed it starts to (blink) then after about 3 secs, goes solid, then reboots and shows the Roku bouncing boot screen (stuck there).   if the reset is still kept held, it stays solid but even after 30+, 40+ seconds, always stays at that boot (ROKU - bouncing) screen (does not change or reboot after the Roku screen that appears after the reboot at about 3 seconds (stuck).  
So to repeat,  if the reset is pressed and held for >30 seconds, it reboots at 3 secs then nothing else changes.
It is stuck there (roku bouncing) and never gets to display anything else. 
This started when it was running a streaming app (fox) when after 15 minutes it suddenly crashed and stuck on the roku screen. 

0 Kudos
Melrpaxton

I have had this EXACT same thing happen, right now. Working on troubleshooting as well but when I logged onto Roku, it said FINALLY after trying to complete all the questions the initial setup happens because I did the factory reset and it wont let me complete anything. So now its saying Roku is down. For how the heck long is that going to be??? I just bought this tv last week. Is this something to do with this tv? Or is it with Roku? I am not enjoying this experience. 

0 Kudos
mrpriceisright
Reel Rookie

Hopefully your roku came back online after the Roku server outage that affected many people,  came back online.  Just coincidence my issue happened a few days ago and not related to outage afaik.

0 Kudos
Rebeccah
Channel Surfer

Yep, mine was back up by the time I got back to the TV from researching on the computer.  Hope your issue gets sorted out (don't know why I can't navigate to the beginning of this thread to see what you had posted before...)  I have online friends who tell me an outage like this is rare, which had been one of my concerns once I determined the outage was the cause of my issue.

0 Kudos
MarkRe

I'm experiencing the same issue (with my 2nd ultra in 4 months).  After 6days, it stopped working and threw my Samsung into at continual reboot loop (turning off/on). Unplugged TV overnight (no affect) and have been unable to successfully factory reset or hard reset the Roku device....will need to pay a Samsung tech to visit.  Any thoughts and/or

@Rebeccah wrote:

Yep, mine was back up by the time I got back to the TV from researching on the computer.  Hope your issue gets sorted out (don't know why I can't navigate to the beginning of this thread to see what you had posted before...)  I have online friends who tell me an outage like this is rare, which had been one of my concerns once I determined the outage was the cause of my issue.

advice?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @MarkRe

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the device ID of the affected Roku Ultra. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our team to assist you further.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos