Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimb15237
Reel Rookie

volume leveling option not in audio settings menu

I just spent days trying to find out why dolby output was not being sent to my avr from my 4660x.  I even went out and purchased a new avr thinking it was the problem.  Bought new 8k capable cables etc.   tried connecting hdmi roku-avr-tv and roku-tv arc-avr no luck, only 2.0 pcm rither way.   tried every possible combination of audio settings under the audio menu.  no luck.  IF THE AUDIO SETTINGS MENU HAD THE VOLUME LEVELING OPTION LISTED, I SURELY WOULD HAVE TRIED THAT AND FIXED MY PROBLEM.  To make matters worse, the [*] button volume leveling setting only appears while content is playing, which would make a thinking person think it only will affect that content.  but no, it really is a system level setting and will affect all content (and break dolby) and then hide itself so you forget about it.  please add volume leveling to the real audio menu under settings!!!! When the roku is booted, and setting is on, display "Volume leveling is on -- Dolby disabled".

0 Kudos