Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the new device i brought (Ruku express $21.39) in April the same ones you asking me buy now?

I brought a new Ruku express in April 2021 for $21.39. my email on 8/15/2022 is now telling me to purchase new express for $14.00 or i will not be getting new updates. the old will not work from last year? I will need to buy a new one every year for upgrades?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: the new device i brought (Ruku express $21.39) in April the same ones you asking me buy now?

@anonymouse99-

What is the full text of the message you received?

As far as I know, the models that are about to lose support are some older models with model numbers 27xx and 3500.

Check your model numbers via Settings > System > About on each device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
EllaLong
Reel Rookie

Re: the new device i brought (Ruku express $21.39) in April the same ones you asking me buy now?

I never faced this issue.

0 Kudos