Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurihl
Binge Watcher

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

It’s really awful. Roku literally took the one worst thing about Netflix and put it into place while also taking away “my feed” and trying to say save list was the solution. Such a bummer. 

laurihl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please go back to the list results in search vs the “Netflix” style images. It’s so much more difficult now. And bring back my feed. Save as is just as useless as this new search. 

laurihl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No good when updates are automatic. I didn’t choose this. 😞

Flippo

Jump to solution

This is just another example of content engineers changing things just for the sake of change.

They we’re probably told to freshen up the site and this was the result.

Now, unless you know the name of the channel you are seeking you will never find it.

What happens yo all those little apps and content creators Hoping that they get some views. They are GONE!

Sad ! Looks like all the rest of the app sites now. 

Jump to solution

I agree with the MANY people who HATE the new seaerch method and I'm sure there are MANY more that HATE it was well but don't voice their opinion or don't know how to. It was SO much easier when the search results were a detailed list and not these stupid thumbnails that are confusing and useless. I avoid using the search when ever possible because it totally stresses me out.

I realize that some like it so it would be great if you could give the users an option for the way they search.

dami11e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not a solution.  A solution would be to either:

A) return to the former text-based search / results, or
B) give users the option of using a text-based or image-based search.

Telling someone in this thread that you'll pass it along for consideration is telling users that Roku doesn't care at all about users' queries.

Street0123
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Everyone needs to be aware that Roku doesn't care that the search feature is now terrible for the users because Roku is now getting paid to promote and feature movie and show suggestions.  Roku will not go back to the customer friendly search because it doesn't make more money for them.