Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nailswood

Re: search has changed when i try to search

Jump to solution

When I search a name or word, I no longer get a list.  I get a few box movie titles

0 Kudos
EightiesChild
Channel Surfer

E-mail Addresses for Roku Staff?

Jump to solution

So I'm going to ask this question again in hopes that someone will actually respond to me this time.

Does anyone here have any e-mail addresses for Roku employees that we could bombard with our complaints until we get their attention?  Obviously, after 11 pages and over 4 months of our incessant complaining about the atrocious changes to Roku's formerly great Search feature, they're completely ignoring us, people.  This forum is clearly NOT the right way to contact the "powers that be" at Roku, or even their developers/tech support personnel, for that matter. 

We seriously need some personal contact information, so let's get at it, okay?  Thanks in advance!

UldFrt1955

Jump to solution

I bought the ONN device because it was so inexpensive and it turned out to be a great purchase.  For search I added the JustWatch app and that was pretty good because not only did it give a list of the movies but the channels they were available on and the price, with categories for stream, rent, or buy.

Also, the device also runs cooler.

It was easy to add a usb hub with a cheap usb ethernet adapter so I don't depend on wifi and usb flash for additional storage and transferring MP4 for playing.

For more complex network setups can have a lot more configuration options or can just keep it simple.  But I have a choice.

HDMI-CEC actually works and I can control the device with just the regular tv remote.  Although the remote that comes with it is actually pretty good.

I still have my 3 Roku devices but the ONN device is actually performing pretty well and alleviates my disgust with ROKU not listening to users concerning the changes to the search function.

0 Kudos
NJG
Reel Rookie

Re: E-mail Addresses for Roku Staff?

Jump to solution

I have search high and low.  No phone support exists.  The best you can do is chat with an agent.  This link will tell you the steps.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/roku-customer-service-how-to-reach-a-human

frdwilma

Jump to solution

I would like the old search engine back.  This one does not include half of the actors that it used to. It does not cover the channels that used to be searched.  For instance, Tubi.  I searched for Erin Brown and a few movies pop up.  When I try to search in Roku, she no longer shows up at all.  Can you no longer follow or unfollow people?  This function has disappeared.  On my feed, I have shows that I cannot remove or unfollow.  I understand about todays "Woke" environment but I do not need to have RuPaul's drag show pushed into my feed without me having the option to remove it.  The Roku options * has never worked in my system.  I did not get my Roku with my TV.  I purchased it separate under the recommendations that I should get a firestick instead.  I also find it severely offensive to have to watch and/or listen to Spanish speaking commercials. I wish this could be a item that can be removed or changed to English speaking with subtitle captioning.  I do not see why Roku has an option of collecting my data to customize commercials but cannot keep a Spanish speaking one out of my threads.  

Rich C. 

EightiesChild
Channel Surfer

Re: E-mail Addresses for Roku Staff?

Jump to solution

@NJG   

Thank you very much for replying and for sharing that helpful link!  Maybe if we all contact one of Roku's live chat agents and share our frustrations over the AWFUL new Search layout, it might possibly make a difference?  Heck, it's gotta be more effective than ranting amongst ourselves in this "echo chamber," right??? 

0 Kudos
SeedyUU

Jump to solution

I absolutely HATE the new search results. Icon results return only a fraction of prior lists. Too often, I can't even find what I am looking for anymore. If it's not broke (which it wasn't) don't fix it!

Nor1
Reel Rookie

New format on Roku is disappointing

Jump to solution

The new format for channel store is nice. Where is the search icon? Limiting number of channel to each category to 500. Before it was 1000. I like to browse through  channel list to find something new. Your new and updated selection hasn't changed much in past year. Thumbs up for trying. Where to find channels just starting up. Where to delete pass searches? Search lists getting to long.

Busker

Search engine sucks and needs to be fixed

Jump to solution

There are already threads about this, but to be clear the new search engine on Roku is egregiously bad, Gross incompetence of the lowest order.  Somebody at Roku should track down the dimwit responsible for this and put that person to work doing something harmless, like ignoring complaints. 

Tmonmok
Reel Rookie

Title search results in channels without icons

Jump to solution

Whenever I used to search for a title in the app it listed all the ways to view it. It still does, however, the icons are no longer of the channels. They are some tiny screenshots that I can’t even make out. The text just says “requires subscription” so that’s useless, especially since it doesn’t know which ones I have subscriptions to (I feel like it used to, but that’s a whole other point).  So I have no idea what these channels are unless I tap on them and am forced to either download them or open them. Really annoying. I have a screenshot but this forum’s posting isn’t working when I tap to add a photo, go figure.