Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galloitaliano
Reel Rookie

"Are you still watching?" The most annoying feat in history.

You've got no IDEA how angry I am at this moment! I was recording an episode of "History's greatest mysteries", everything was going just fine when out of nowhere I got this annoying message in the screen that asked if I was still watching the show!!!! YES, I'M STILL WATCHING THE **bleep** THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop asking me that.....you know what's worst??' I had already DISABLED IT!! So why on earth is this appearing in the screen?? Of course the recording was ruined, I may not have another chance at recording it because of this nuisance!!! I wish I didnt have to rant on your forum, the are you still watching feature has gotten on my nerves so bad that the only way to feel a little bit better is by venting out my frustrations somewhere. Please DO something! Release an update or something, its ridiculous.

Im sorry for being rude, I hate acting like this, if you neglect the issue and/or refuse to fix it, I might just move to a different provider then.

3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: "Are you still watching?" The most annoying feat in history.

Many channel/apps ask that question themselves.  You may have turned off Rolu’s bandwidth saver to stop saving your bandwidth, but many content companies still care about their bandwidth. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
galloitaliano
Reel Rookie

Ok. Thanks for replying! Now I'm a little more relaxed to talk. That's unfortunate to hear. What should I do? Should I buy Amazon's Fire stick? Cause I don't wanna be getting that message every minute while watching live TV!

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Changing platforms doesn't guarantee that anything like this will change, since the app writer is usually the content provider, not the platform/OS creator.  If that's going off every minute, I would let them (the content provider) know and then watch a different channel/app until they fix it.  I can't imagine that they would intend for something like this to go off any more than once an hour.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos