Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pin code doesnt work i tried a veritity of combinations

Jump to solution

hello. I have 6 devices. 1 of the Roku is used had an owner previously. However The devices pin code do not work. i tried 1111 - 0000 -1234 but no luck. How can i reseet the pin or disable it. thanks. e.y.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: pin code doesnt work i tried a veritity of combinations

Jump to solution

thank you very much !!!!!

e.y.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You mean the PIN to add channels or the factory reset pin? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

to add chanels

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can’t if it’s a Roku that belongs to another person. You have to do a factory reset on it and make your own Roku account. So is this person family? Friend? So they are still signed into the Roku? A PIN to add channels is set in your Roku account. Not the device 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i purchased the unit from a online site. not a friend. I logged off from their appplications. for now only NETFLIX and YOUTUB works...I cant access apple TV. how can i fo factory reset ? steo b step could  expali me. regards. e.y.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thank you very much !!!!!

e.y.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is the device in question linked to your own Roku account, or still linked to the previous owner's Roku account?  From the Roku home screen, Settings > System > About will show you the email address associated with the Roku account to which that device is linked.

If the email address shown is yours, log into your account at https:/my.roku.com where you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account.

If the email address shown is NOT yours, then that's when you need to do a Factory reset, as described in previous posts, and set this device up anew, connecting to YOUR Roku account in the process.  Once set up and linked to your account you can set/reset the PIN.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos