Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvm

lg smart tv now has roku 4k installed but cannot bonnect a non roku bluetooth speaker

I have an LG Smart TV that I had my wireless bluetooth speaker connected to so I could listen without bothering others in the house.  I have recently installed the Roku Express 4K unit on this TV--really like the minimalized remote (as compared to the smart tv remote) and it seems everything is good---except I cannot connect the roku to my wireless speaker....WHY??????  If I can please explain how, I have searched everything I can possibly think of and I am unable to locate anything that helps.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: lg smart tv now has roku 4k installed but cannot bonnect a non roku bluetooth speaker

Some Roku devices have just recently started supporting Bluetooth headphones and I assume speakers, but no Express model does.  However, you shouldn't need to connect your Bluetooth speaker to the Express.  It should remain connected to your TV and the TV should provide audio to the speaker from any device connected to the TV.  If you're wanting to use the speaker without the TV being on then that's not possible.

Note:  Roku wireless speakers are not Bluetooth and can only be used with Roku TVs, not any player that connects to a TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos