Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike-michigan
Reel Rookie

if you "Follow" a movie on Roku Express, will the movie always appear on "My Feed" yes or no?

I've had this wonderful Roku Express (model #3930X) for the last few years, and love using it most of the time. But the "My Feed" feature has been buggy and confusing almost from Day One. What I like to do is search for movies (using Roku on my living room TV screen, no app) and if the movie shows up as being free somewhere, then I'll watch it, but if not, then I'll select the menu choice called "Follow This Movie On Roku". So far so good, right?

Well what I've noticed over the years is that only HALF of the time does this ever cause the movie to actually show up in "My Feed". Like sometimes it does, but then sometimes it doesn't! There's no rhyme or reason for this mysterious inconsistancy, but I'm dying to find out why. 

So just to sum up the question again: if you click "Follow This Movie" on Roku, shouldn't that movie automatically appear INSTANTLY on your "My Feed" like 100% of the time? With me it's more like 50% of the time. I wish I could solve this mystery, if anyone here reading this has any clues or similar experiences, please post!  I tried searching this whole Community Message Board, but all I saw were countless other customers with similar posts (e.g. "My Feed" is broken, etc, etc) but no actual solutions anywhere.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: if you "Follow" a movie on Roku Express, will the movie always appear on "My Feed

Information on which programs are playing where is supplied to Roku by the various streaming services.  Some are more conscientious about this than others.  And some of them rely on other third party services for their program descriptions.

The "Roku Search Partners" contributing this data are listed here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
mike-michigan
Reel Rookie

Re: if you "Follow" a movie on Roku Express, will the movie always appear on "My Feed

oh dear! that was terrible 😞  did you mean for that to be a suggestion? because your copy-n-paste auto response comes across as nothing more than a vague meandering excuse, a corporate double-speak BS line being fed to us....I guess you didn't read my original question, which was looking for a SPECIFIC answer! not this mystical abstract nonsense -- please "makalguy" speak ENGLISH and talk like a HUMAN and not a robot!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Let me try.

@mike-michigan wrote: 

if you "Follow" a movie on Roku Express, will the movie always appear on "My Feed" yes or no?

No.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."