Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julied1

hisense roku tv stick in recovery mode. wont update through wifi or with usb

have tried every method found on the internet and suggestions by word of mouth. Hisense Roku tv bought barely a month ago is now stuck in recovery mode!!! ready to throw it in the yard and never by one again! 

has been stuck in recovery mode for almost a week now. pressing rest button and doing every dumb thing i have on the net hasnt not worked! went to walmart today and bout a flash drive. went through all the steps doownloaded the update file from computer. put flashdriver in tv. followed all on screen steps. progress was fast and then said download failed! have tried it 5 times! anyone who can help me please???? Serious help ONLY! please do not repeat to me what i have already done!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hisense roku tv stick in recovery mode. wont update through wifi or with usb

From your description, I believe you have a defective TV. Unfortunately, it happens. I had a similar issue with an Insignia Roku TV. Mine was stuck in a continual reboot after the first software update. I returned the TV to Best Buy and took home an identical replacement. It's been working fine for about 5 years now. Don't let one defective item make you feel the product is no good. 

I know nothing about Hisense, other than I know they are a budget line of products. Roku doesn't manufacture the TVs, so you need to get it replaced under the Hisense warranty. Perhaps the store you bought it from will let you replace it. All depends on exactly how long you've had it and what their return policy is. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.