Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Re: hide streaming channels option not working on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Yup, happened to me too this morning. Already aggravated cleaning up yet another flooded basement at 4am only to find the Live Guide Roku Channels have been added to MY personal antenna! This happened about 3 years ago and about a week later, I'm guessing after a gazillion complaints, they put it back to the way it was before. Suddenly, last week, I noticed they added "Recents" to the left side of the antenna guide and I wasn't happy cuz I tend to scroll a continuous loop of my 19 channels in the early morning hours but can't do that now cuz it goes from All Channels to Recent Channels back to All Channels. Stop messing with our personal antennas!!!! I don't even have a Roku Antenna and never will cuz I'm totally hating Roku!!!

And I'm hating Roku not just for this but because I had to buy a Roku stick to add to my TCL Roku TV and select that on my Home Screen after I turn on my TV just so I could navigate the Home Screen AND all my TV/Movie apps faster!! The time wasted waiting for an app to open, to be able to scroll from one movie or TV series to the next can be up to a freaking minute (HBO Max was the worst)!!! I seriously thought it was the apps being ridiculously slow or kicking me out every time I so much as adjust the volume or get so hung up that I have to unplug my TV. BUT ITS ROKU!!!!!!! This is freaking daily Roku!!!! And with the Roku Stick, I'm finally getting the picture in picture again in Sling TV, a 2 thumbs up option for likes in Netflix as well as a different area to Exit, not getting kicked out of Prime as soon as it opens, etc. WHY Roku does it take me BUYING and ADDING a Roku Stick to my Roku TV for my apps to work better & faster and get more options in my apps??? 

This blows Roku!!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. Please allow us to assist by providing the details needed so we can look further into this issue.

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

Once we have this information, we'll escalate it right away to the Roku appropriate team.
Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuEuniceL 

You ask if this occurs on a SPECIFIC channel??? WTF??  have you even read the thread?

I posted pictures that makes the issue VERY VERY CLEAR and makes it very clear this is NOT A SPECIFIC CHANNEL issue.  I repost the pics here so that your laziness doesn't have to actually be bothered.

I stopped reading on your item #2 b/c if you're not going to read our messages then why should I read yours???!!$R1UQV4Z.png$RHEF56U.png

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TeedOff,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thanks for providing your suggestions, and we value your feedback. We always aim to give you the best streaming experience. We'll be escalating this to the appropriate Roku team so this can be investigated right away.

This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I still have 4300 streaming channels that I did not request.  I'm in California but I now have local news channels from Pittsburg and New York.  What made you THINK I need those?  The Roku engineers who set this up should be terminated.  They are going to cost you a lot in lost revenue when you're customers say "That's enough Roku!  You've gone too far now!" and leave, never to come back.  Following the 'money trail' easily explains why this happened.  All these streaming channels have ads.  And ads generate income for Roku.  If you think you can force this on your customers you're wrong.  When you lose customers after 'tricking' them like this, you'll soon find out they never come back. So smart move Roku.

catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're response says it all - "We always aim to give you the best streaming experience".  No you don't.  You aim to force feed us as many ads as you can.  Get this through your head - "WE DO NOT WANT STREAMING CHANNELS". I repeat "WE DO NOT WANT STREAMING CHANNELS".  If you force streaming channels on us then we don't want Roku.  Pass THAT on to Roku.

0 Kudos
Dave28
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I love the way explained it.  That should make it clear to a box of rocks.  My temporary fix is to make OTA channels favorites then just display favorites,  You still have to run up and down favorite channels but at least you have to see those fricking streaming channels.

catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Since I now have dozens and dozens of Spanish channels(which I don't want) why don't you throw in some Portuguese, some Mandarin and maybe some Hungarian?  That would make this experience just 'perfect'. Thanks!

CitzenCain
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OMG as I sat here reading yours and other post fuming that they had once again screwed up the OTA menu I glanced at my TCL/Roku TV and wala it's fixed !

Thank you  Dave28 for bringing this to their attention and thank you Roku for listening.

Now if you can just delete the "recent" menu that would be great, it's useless . 🙂 

0 Kudos
TeedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

YES!!!  Thank you @RokuEuniceL   .... now please ask the engineers for an option to get rid of the Recents & Favorite sections in the guide..    We only have 27 over the air channels.... no need to have a Favorites sections at all... and definitely no need to have a forced upon us Recents section with 5 of the last stations watched... that's just unnecessarily repeating 20+% of the channels in a random order.