Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: hide streaming channels option not working on TCL Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

The issue has been resolved and thank you so much for all your feedback and suggestions. These are all noted and if you need anything else, please let us know.

Happy Streaming!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Finally. A company listen's to it's customer's complaints.  Thank you. 

I do suggest that the 'Recent" and 'Favorites' reviews be optional.  Some of us don't store a lot of channels and it's easier to show them once rather than 3 times.  I understand that this was Roku's solution to the fact that you can't click to the last channel you we're on but we all don't have the same needs.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @catman7,

We appreciate you taking the first post in the Roku Community!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

YOU seriously want/expect us to go thru all those steps when it's clearly an issue created by you Roku?!?! We, your customers, have spent a lot of money buying your products only to have your updates and/or inadequate products cause us aggravation. Do better Roku! THAT'S how you can fix most of the problems with your products & services. 

0 Kudos
CMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This issue is NOT resolved.   Everytime I go to live tv EVEN WITH THE HIDE STREAMING CHECKED it still shows me streaming channels.  Please show me how to resolve this??

0 Kudos
catman7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't know why yours isn't working.  But I do notice a new problem that has popped up with my 'Antenna' channels. When I'm on a channel and I click the 'downward' button there's no longer any channel information, such as a story line and/or actors.  There use to be, but not any more.  When I click the 'left' side menu button - same result-no info.  Initially I blamed the signal strength of the channel I was on.  But that doesn't make sense.  If it was weak enough not to receive the channel info then I wouldn't receive the channel.  All this worked before, so all I can assume is that Roku's engineers(if you can call them that) are at it again.  Looks like it's time for me to give up on Roku.  Anyone else?

0 Kudos
CMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The issue has NOT been resolved.  Even WITH the hide streaming box checked everytime I go to Live TV it shows the 10 million streaming channels I do NOT want to see...

0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku added an "asterick" a few years ago so that when you're in the channel guide of your antenna, you could use it to see the show info as well as what other channels or apps or times that current program can be watched again or you could go to that app to watch it whenever. It was annoying to see that little purple box telling you to "see more options" when you click on the asterick since I think we had all gotten the point as to what the asterick was used for. Then suddenly, asterick is gone and they instead keep playing around with trying to make our antenna look & act like the Live Roku Channels guide. I've given hope that Roku will stop messing with our antennas and Home Screen. Hope this helps, and know that you're not alone with this issue. 

0 Kudos
CMike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The made it such a pain in the ass to get to antenna channels I just did a factory reset to get rid of the internet since you apparently can't disconnect that either and will go back to the firestick for streaming stuff.  The only reason I even have a TV is for the antenna channels.  If I'm watching streaming stuff it's usually on another device anyway.

0 Kudos