Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rellwood
Reel Rookie

Would like to be able to search and save any movie, even if it isn't streaming

I was checking out a list of films to watch, and I saw 1995's "Kids" on it.  Now, I'm not going to get into the fact that searching "Kids" meant getting every "kids movie" but when I searched one of the actors "Rosario Dawson" I saw that the only list of films attached were the ones available for streaming.

I remember when you could search any movie and it would show, you could see an actors entire filmography as if it was curated by IMDB and click on a film and then select it to save and have notifications if it was available to stream. This feature is now missing to a degree.

Now you are only shown films and shows that are CURRENTLY streaming, and then I believe that they only show the sites you have a subscription to. This isn't helpful.

1. I might actually subscribe to a channel to get the film

2. It might be available later to stream and if I am not saving it, then I won't know, or will forget.

Would be nice if this feature was brought back. If I'm not mistaken that you could do the same thing with upcoming releases and films currently in theaters. I haven't explored that recently, but if it has changed, I would like that feature back as well.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos