Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icho

Windows 10 PC not detecting Roku Ultra on WIRED CONNECTION

My Windows 10 PC has an ethernet connection to the home network. Roku Ultra has a wired connection to the home network. Win10 can't detect Roku in the "Bluetooth and Other Devices" part of Settings.

- Win10 and Roku both are updated

- Win10 has media streaming turned on

- Win10 is able to CAST video correctly to my Samsung TV, unmediated by Roku

- Roku and Samsung TV are able to screen mirror my iPhone

Has anybody successfully screen mirrored to Roku Ultra, from Win10 and know what I could be missing? This has been an ongoing project I've revisited over the past 2 years. Does Roku not screen mirror on wired connections, despite all 3 devices (TV, Win10 PC, Roku Ultra) being on the same network?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MARC-FL
Channel Surfer

Re: Windows 10 PC not detecting Roku Ultra on WIRED CONNECTION

Same Problem. Windows 10 not detecting Roku on Wired Ethernet connection.  Have you found a solution?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MARC-FL 

To mirror? Be aware that the computer must have the appropriate hardware to cast or to mirror (those are not the same thing; being able to do one does not mean it can do the other).

Have you looked at the Roku support page for mirroring?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MARC-FL
Channel Surfer

Hi. Thanks for the reply.  Windows can't ever detect Roku ultra over ethernet.  Brand New Roku Ultra. Windows can find Roku if the Roku is wired and Windows is WiFi. But Windows can NOT find Roku if Roku is wired and Windows is wired.
This Roku thread says that the Roku Ultra has a unrepaired bug that won't allow Windows to discover Roku over a wired ethernet connnection.
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Ultra-won-t-connect-via-Wired-...

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@MARC-FL 

I'm not sure it's a bug, as the link provided earlier states:

This feature allows you to replicate (or “mirror”) the screen of your compatible ... Windows device wirelessly onto your TV screen

Note it specifically says wirelessly. Some seem to interpret this to mean that wireless is a way it will connect, but I think it's saying that wireless is the way it will connect. I think it's by design, based on the technology used. Miracast is from the Wi-Fi Alliance. It's for wireless connection.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MARC-FL
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  You may be right.   But I seem to remember this working with an older Roku Ultra a few years ago.

0 Kudos