Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucyo912

Where can I see everything I am “following on Roku”?

Jump to solution

I spent a bunch of time last night consolidating all my watchlists into “My Feed” to “follow on Roku.”  I have a Hisense 43R6+,  7239X.  Software 9.2.0 build 4502-39.  

when I go to “My Feed” i can only see one movie.  I can’t seem to find everything I am following.  I also looked on my Roku channel to see if there was an “I’m following” list but there isn’t.  

of course I deleted from previous lists, so now I don’t know what to look for. 

Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Where can I see everything I am “following on Roku”?

Jump to solution

@lucyo912 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you check My Feed right after you add an item, you will not see the title, actor, or director listed. An item is only listed after an automatic update is received. The latest My Feed updates appear at the top of the My Feed list as they become available.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I follow my favorite shows using My Feed?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lucyo912 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you check My Feed right after you add an item, you will not see the title, actor, or director listed. An item is only listed after an automatic update is received. The latest My Feed updates appear at the top of the My Feed list as they become available.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I follow my favorite shows using My Feed?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
jimgibson2787
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It would be very helpful if everything that is followed (whether updated or not) could be accessed in a list somewhere on Roku.  Is that a feature that could be added or accessed in some other way?

MYB

Jump to solution

This is not a solution nor is this problem solved. I'm following maybe 10-20 things for quite some time but only 8 show in my feed. It should be added to the list as soon as I follow it. It makes no sense that I can search for and follow it but it's not in my feed list. 99% of the movies are available to watch right now either through purchase, rent, or are free to watch. Why wouldn't they be in the feed? There's no update to wait for.

liewbob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Danny R-

That's not a solution, nor does it even address the issue.
Most of the streaming services enable us to see everything that we've followed or favorited, instantly.
ROKU just chooses to dribble out followed shows & movies to "MY List".
At this point (after the recent update), I'm not seeing ANY shows or movies - just the generic "Movies", TV Shows" & "Movies Coming Soon". This is the case on all 3 ROKU devices in my house.
ROKU doesn't seem to be addressing ALL the issues with the latest update.
Time to start looking at alternatives from Google, Amazon et al?

jsdecades

Jump to solution

I have to agree with the other comments.... after I follow a movie ...it gets lost in the shuffle unless there is an update...  so where is the list of movies that I want to watch later...some are saved on the actual channel..(ie....vudu)    but most are not..I have to write them down and search all over again.....and they should be saved on MY FEED ..with or without updates..am I wrong?....

Bobrokv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That is not a solution.  Other apps I use add movies to a list that I can easily access.  I would like to have a better option on the Roku.    

State95

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@lucyo912 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

I have added a dozen movies over the last several months yet only 2  appear in My Feed. I do not believe an update makes a difference. Or do updates happen so infrequently that it takes over 10 months for My Feed to show the movies I have followed??? Please let us know what the problem is. Thanks. 

AChanceFind
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have used the "My Feed" for several years and have lost count of how many things I have followed but over time I believe I have figured out how it is working.

When you search for something and see the results you have a choice right there to either watch or not watch the show or movie depending on availability which can either be "buy" , "rent" or "free".  Once you follow you will be notified when there is a change in one of these statuses or if the item appears in a new channel where it wasn't before.  So for example, if an item was previously not available or only had a buy option and is now available for rent you will be notified, or if it is now free then you will be notified.  I use the feature mostly to wait to be notified for when movies and shows are free (and by free it may mean you have to watch it on a channel that shows commercials, which is fine by me as it's no different than free antenna TV.

This seems to work most of the time although at times it does seem a little random when it notifies you and on several occasions I have also found things that are not listed correctly. I currently have around 50 items that show up in my feed.

0 Kudos
Chris995

Jump to solution

Agreed, I’m looking at Google TV now because this feed in roku doesn’t make sense

0 Kudos