Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChasF
Reel Rookie

When will the Roku Ultra be available for sale in the UK

I love the look of the features in the Roku Ultra, however it's not available to purchase in the UK.  Can anyone advise when (or if) it will be available?  

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When will the Roku Ultra be available for sale in the UK

Hi @ChasF,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your interest in the features of the Roku Ultra. We have also agreed that this Roku streaming device is not officially available for purchase in the UK. Feel free to check on our blog at blog.roku.com for any future announcements or updates.

Once again, thanks for your input, and rest assured that we'll send this over to the team for review.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
ChasF
Reel Rookie

Hello again 

Something I neglected to mention when I first posted the question:

You can purchase a USA version of the product in the UK from places such as eBay, some new some second hand, but the BBC iPlayer App does not work with them.  This is because the BBC security measures to stop non British Isles based users from accessing it, includes a check that the serial number of the Roku item contains the correct area code. 

I reckon a lot of people have purchased one of them only to be heartily disappointed that BBC iPlayer won't work.  

Paul29

They will not sell them in the UK, you have to import the roku ultra from amazon US. The way around power supply is to buy a  2.1mm to 1.7mm x 4.8mm DC Power Supply Adapter Converter Connector and 3 pin UGREEN Switching Adaptor 5.5mm DC Jack 

0 Kudos
ChasF
Reel Rookie

Actually, you can buy it in the UK. You can even buy the Ultra LT on Amazon UK. 

But that's not my issue with it. The issue is that they are still the USA version which has a code number that indicates that fact, which is read by the BBC iPlayer app and assumes you are in the USA and therefore doesn't allow you access.      

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ChasF,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience. Please note that if you set up your Roku account in a different region, it will be identified as a US account. Channels not authorized for US distribution may not work for you.

There's no way to change this other than doing a factory reset on your Roku device and setting it up all over again in your current location. This time, link it to a new Roku account created with a different email address based on your current location. When doing this, be sure not to use a VPN that can mask your location.

After ensuring that you are using a UK Roku account, can you verify if you are still experiencing the same issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs, as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue. Thank you!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChasF
Reel Rookie

Hello

Thanks for responding, but you can see from my earlier messages that I already knew that was the case.  Since it doesn't seem that there will ever be a suitable version of the Ultra, I have now purchased a Roku Streaming Stick 4K  which does mostly what I need, so I'll stay with that.  

Thanks and Regards

Charlie   

0 Kudos
Macallin

Hi,

Any link to a suitable 3-pin UK power supply for Roku Ultra LT (2019?), model: 4662X, please?

Or a US to UK converter/adaptor plug for the US power supply to use in the UK?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I am disappointed to see that the Roku Ultra only seems to come with the rechargeable voice remotes. My experience with the rechargeable remote has been terrible, the battery inside will not fully charge and it drops quickly after only a short while of use.

I'd like to know, Is there an option to purchase the current model Roku Ultra but have it come with a standard voice remote that you put batteries inside the back compartment?

My Roku Ultra 4660 that I got back in 2017 came with a remote that took double A batteries and it had private listening, I believe it was the gaming remotes that are now discontinued. But the current Roku Sticks and lesser models come with a voice remote that take triple A batteries without private listening.

I'd love to get one of those types of remotes with my Roku Ultra, I am absolutely not interested at all in the rechargeable voice remotes after the flawed one I received as a replacement remote by Roku. And I don't want to buy a Roku Ultra and then have to purchase a battery remote separately either.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.